Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using a break down shotgun case for my o/u. It's a SKB case it works fine but its kind of bulky. Does anyone make a breakdown soft case? If so whats your thoughts on whether they are good or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,973 Posts
I use a soft case when I'm going right to the range, but if I'm going around town or on a long trip, I use the hard case.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
That Cabela's case does look exactly like my Boyt, except mine is tan rather than green. I haven't used it much, but it seems to be of the same quality of my other Boyt cases, which have held up very well for years.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I think I like the looks of the SKB. I have a 30" o/u with extended choke tubes. Do you think I should order the 30" or the 32".

The Cabelas case looked good but consumers liked the quality but complained that it was too long.

Its too bad the store is so crazy busy cause I was just there Sunday and I would have brought one home with me.

Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Conman said:
With you setup I think you should go for the 32".

The store may or may not have had them in stock. Cabelas has many more items on its web site than in the stores.

Luck
I bought the SKB case from Cabelas (on-line). There are several different lengths. One thing to consider is if you use extended chokes. You need to account for the additional length if the tube extension is significant.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
It's funny Aiken, but every recommendation you ever make, including on the four year old posts you dig up, is for able ammo--which is one of the available retailers that is highest across the board on prices.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Yeah, another great deal from Able Ammo - less than a 2% discount off retail with higher shipping costs that charged by Boyt.

Retail on the Boyt is $114

Price from Able is $111.88

·
Registered
311 Posts
I find their site, able ammo, very easy to navigate and they have a lot of stuff. I don't always buy it from them but, I use them as a reference. I did buy a gun from them before and it was a GREAT deal compared to other places online. PLUS, they already had a local gun dealer FFL list I could choose from. EASY easy Easy!

I am not sure about their prices on this line of merchandise but, I found them and they have them where on a previous post someone gave a link which didn't help any. So, MRPOWER - Go Stick IT!

·
Registered
311 Posts
MRPOWER: I don't know what planet you are from but, $10.24 for shipping is average if not a good deal! Whatever it is that you are smoking - please pass it around so we all can enjoy being in another world.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
aiken,
I too have loyalty to certain places even if they aren't the best prices. what's a couple of bucks when it costs 120+ to fill up the tank in my truck.

Either way thanks I think I may order the one by SKB from Cabelas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.