Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week's episode of the Shotgun Journal comes to you from the province of Santiago del Estero in north central Argentina. Bruce and I are shooting wild pigeons in a region of Argentina that has never been seen on outdoor TV. This arrid region of the country has lots of grainfields, and millions of spot wing and picazuro pigeons. We're hunting around water holes and the shooting was truly spectacular.

So join us on a hunt that was taped a couple of months ago. It frankly may have been the best pigeon shooting we've ever had anywhere in the world.

7:00 pm Eastern on the Outdoor Channel.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I saw that episode a couple nights ago and it was one of the better "Journal" episodes I have seen (haven't seen a bad one yet).

A truly enjoyable show to watch and you guys really gave the CG's a workout.

Great episode and I hope everyone on SGW gets to see it.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all, many thanks to all for watching. Sera, to be honest with you, this is one of the best places we've ever been to to shoot pigeons. The bird numbers, doves and pigeons, were staggering. It would be a tremendous place for someone to shoot both pigeons and doves if they wanted the high volume stuff.

I would recommend this place without hesitation.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Enjoyed the show. I try to catch all of them. How did The Ithaca Classic Double Bruce use to use hold up to all that shooting. Wish you guys would talk more about the guns you use reference relibility and workmanship. Are you able to do comparisons? That would be interesting too. I seem to be a gun-a-holic in love with side by sides. Have CG provide you some of these.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately CG doen't make side by side models, or ol' Bruce would probably be shooting one. We try to give information on the guns without it sounding like a Consumer Reports piece. It can be tough sometimes to balance a wingshooting segment with technical information, since the two really don't go together well. There will be some more informaton on different guns in future shows.

Thanks again for watching.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read about the hunts in Argentina and how great they are. I will not miss the episode but I have one thing to say. That is not hunting. Their is no thrill in it when you know you will see hundreds of thousands of birds. It is comparable to shooting deer in a fenced in area. I know others would love it but that is just my thoughts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts