Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey Craig,
Welcome to the Shotgunworld.com Forum!
There are several in the area...

Elm Fork- Off of Luna rd near Farmers Branch. They are under new ownership with many new improvements. I can personally recommend this one.

Dallas Gun Club- Exit off of I-35 in Lewisville. Nicest shooting complex in the DFW area. Very pricey, though.

Alpine- This one is okay, but it seems that everyone that works there has a chip on their shoulder.

Arlington Gun Club - Nice facilities and nice folks. It's around $4 for around of Trap if you are a member...can't beat that.

Back Woods Traps- On Hwy 380 near Frisco. Facilities are ok and the staff is very nice. Can get crowded on the weekends.

Collin County Gun Range- Mckinney, TX. Haven't shot there yet.

Hope it helps.
regards,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com

G

·
I would agree with the Winchester suggestion but stay away from the rifle and pistol ranges. They change the rules every 10 minutes.

G

·
Garland Public Range has 3 nice throwers set up.Nothing fancy but it beats using a hand tosser.(You havent seen me toss.. :lol:) The y have newer staff and is a small but nice friendly place,....(clean bathroom, picnic tables,ect).... unless some range idiots show up.As a long standing member Ill get on to folks myself that dont act within reason of the rules and so with others.I take saftey seriously.Also has rifle 100/50 yds no FMJ and pistol(air-rifle to if you like) 25/15/10/ and 3 yds. You can even pattern your shotguns on the end of the pistol range if you want.But bring your own targets and boxes for that.
cost: one time $10 fee for lifetime shooting card and $10 range fee for every shooter/session!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anonymous said:
Garland Public Range has 3 nice throwers set up.Nothing fancy but it beats using a hand tosser.(You havent seen me toss.. :lol:) The y have newer staff and is a small but nice friendly place,....(clean bathroom, picnic tables,ect).... unless some range idiots show up.As a long standing member Ill get on to folks myself that dont act within reason of the rules and so with others.I take saftey seriously.Also has rifle 100/50 yds no FMJ and pistol(air-rifle to if you like) 25/15/10/ and 3 yds. You can even pattern your shotguns on the end of the pistol range if you want.But bring your own targets and boxes for that.
cost: one time $10 fee for lifetime shooting card and $10 range fee for every shooter/session!
crap..my post forgot to log in...if anyone is interested in joining give me an email!

·
Registered
328 Posts
shotgunworld said:
Alpine- This one is okay, but it seems that everyone that works there has a chip on their shoulder.
Alpine has a lot going for it, not least of all is the fact that they have all the shotgun sports: trap, skeet, five stand, a really great sporting clays course that is changed up fairly frequently, and several stations to "throw your own." ($13.00 for a case of 135 clays.)

Believe it or not, I have dealt with folks there that seem to appreciate your business, but sadly, I've also encountered the other kind.

Given what they have to offer, and their proximity to my world, I still wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Mike

G

·
I had experienced the bad side of Alpine in years past. I took my 10 year-old son there yesterday for his first time shooting with my old .22. The staff was polite enough, but there were some extremely obscene folks yelling on the next section near us. I mean one could clearly hear some hardcore language from a distance even with ear protection. I wish the staff would take care of this type of behavior, but the attendant at the entrance did nothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Craig,

BACKWOODS is nice because its just down the road from The Colony. Just take 423 to 380, then turn west. Its about two miles down 380 on the south side of the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.