Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Must have been bought by that Canadian firm thats buy all the gun forums.............TO BE CLEAR.....Your layout SUCKS.
Same boring garbage many other sites have gone to. I was hoping this site would have done better, but so far it's no better than several sites I no longer visit.

·
Premium Member
2006 Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade and a Beretta
8,218 Posts
I think the new site is very nice.

Thanks for all your hard work.

·
Administrator
23,332 Posts
Same boring garbage many other sites have gone to. I was hoping this site would have done better, but so far it's no better than several sites I no longer visit.
You want your admission fee refunded??

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Curly N said:
You want your admission fee refunded??
No, if I did I would have asked.
The only way this site is readable on a laptop is to pay the fee to get rid of the wasted space.
This space may be used for ads, I have a multi-pronged solution for ads, so I never see them anyway, so it wasted space to me.

BTW, I never intentionally click on ads, they actually turn me away from products.

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
What ads? I am on a laptop and have ZERO ads; in fact, the forum screen now fills the entire screen without the major ads that ran at the top and along the sides.
maybe you need to run AdBlockPlus - it's free.

Reactions: oyeme and joe kuhn

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
What ads? I am on a laptop and have ZERO ads; in fact, the forum screen now fills the entire screen without the major ads that ran at the top and along the sides.
maybe you need to run AdBlockPlus - it's free.
Without the premium membership there is a lot of wasted space. This space usually ends up being ad space on most sites running this software.
AdBlockPlus is a browser level ad blocker, and for the most part it works well. I use it as well as network level ad/tracker blocking solutions. For me, ads are not the problem, it's the wasted space left for them. All the blocking solutions out there will not remove the allocated space for them.
As for the old software, I did not have the background ad, but it too wasted a lot of useful space.
I like the content here, I just don't like the format. It's the same boring look as every other site that uses this software.

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
Without the premium membership there is a lot of wasted space. This space usually ends up being ad space on most sites running this software.
AdBlockPlus is a browser level ad blocker, and for the most part it works well. I use it as well as network level ad/tracker blocking solutions. For me, ads are not the problem, it's the wasted space left for them. All the blocking solutions out there will not remove the allocated space for them.
As for the old software, I did not have the background ad, but it too wasted a lot of useful space.
I like the content here, I just don't like the format. It's the same boring look as every other site that uses this software.
I am not seeing what you are talking about on my laptop or desktop; previously, the Fabarm/Guerini ads took up the sides and top of my screen - now nothing

Reactions: oyeme

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
I am not seeing what you are talking about on my laptop or desktop; previously, the Fabarm/Guerini ads took up the sides and top of my screen - now nothing
Without the premium membership the right and left sides take up more space then the Guerini ad did. Perhaps as a MOD you don't see it.

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
Without the premium membership the right and left sides take up more space then the Guerini ad did. Perhaps as a MOD you don't see it.
I am not a mod, nor have I paid for a premium membership

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am not / have not either, and I find the new site quite readable and easy to navigate. I like the additional options, and photo handling is MUCH better. Changing and adapting to something new can be frustrating for a while, but in this case I think it's definitely worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Sorry, my bad wrong forum...They all look the same to me.
Are you telling me you don't have this huge bit of wasted space? It's nearly a third of my screen.

This is where the ads will end up being, if they are not there already.
Again, I don't see ads, so they or may not be there yet.

·
Administrator
23,332 Posts
Click on your avatar, go to account settings near the bottom
go to preferences in the next menu.
find this:
Premium Focused Reading Mode
  • Enable Focused Reading Mode and hide the right column
Check the box and save, tell us what happens, please

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
Click on your avatar, go to account settings near the bottom
go to preferences in the next menu.
find this:
Premium Focused Reading Mode
  • Enable Focused Reading Mode and hide the right column
Check the box and save, tell us what happens, please
Curly, I know how to do that, and yes, it does work.
The point is you have to pay for the premium membership to have that option.
Unless you pay, there is a lot of wasted space.

·
Registered
24,837 Posts
Sorry, my bad wrong forum...They all look the same to me.
Are you telling me you don't have this huge bit of wasted space? It's nearly a third of my screen.

View attachment 35025

This is where the ads will end up being, if they are not there already.
Again, I don't see ads, so they or may not be there yet.
Nope. do not have it

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
oneounceload said:
Nope. do not have it
Interesting!
I get that wasted space on every forum that runs this software, even the one you are a moderator on. It's not just my laptop either.
I get it on my desktop, my Linux box and my work computer. My work computer is a completely different network where I have no admin privileges, so I know it's not just my network setup.
It makes me wonder WTF?

·
Administrator
23,332 Posts
Curly, I know how to do that, and yes, it does work.
The point is you have to pay for the premium membership to have that option.
Unless you pay, there is a lot of wasted space.
It's their forum and they can waste it anyway they want. They run the business to make money, not just to give us a place to play and fuss at each other.
You end up paying one way or another, Premium program or wasted space. That's the way it is generally on the interweb. Similar but different as our daily life.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like the new layout. Advertising on one side . Not all around. Not on every other post. No pop-ups.
Overall more readable. Less fuss.
Most of all don't have to exit the form after a post.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts