Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you consider that there have been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000.

The rate in Washington D.C. (among others) is 80.6 per 100,000.
That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: We should immediately pull out of Washington D.C.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Rev, I think the death rate in Iraq is 720, not 60.

It is 60 per 100,000 per month, but I think the figure for Washington is 80.6 per 100,000 per year.

Still, I say we don't pull out until the job is done.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt check it for acuracy, someone e-mailed it to me so I shared it.

·
Registered
11,193 Posts
That is kinda like this...

Doctors:

The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000
Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000
Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

Guns:
The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000
The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500
The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.
Statistics courtesy of F.B.I.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but almost everyone has at least one doctor.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat immediatly. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

Note: Out of concern for the public at large, the statistics on lawyers have been withheld for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

·
Registered
11,193 Posts
More interesting statistics about that... Those numbers are a little old... last year the number of accidental gun deaths dropped to under 1000. So that number is actually off a bit. Also, if you add in all of this years homicides and suicides in which a gun was used to the number of accidents, the 40,000 death total, is a mere 20% of this years total accidental deaths caused by physicians... 180,000.

Nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good points, but my dads an er doctor and if you think about it a couple of people with guns in the woods are less likely to die than a guy who comes into the er who just went through the windshield because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. It's a little difficult to determine an "accidental death" on the part of the doctor when a guy went through a windshield at 70 mph. So I dont really think those two statistics can be compared.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe so also, but that doesnt mean anything, sure there a few doctors out there who dont practice good medicine. However, the majority of them are B.S.

·
Registered
I lost them all in a boating accident.
17,978 Posts
Dude, it's a joke.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dont pull out! We are not ready and the job is still not done! They are still not established and if we leave now, turmoil will follow! This is a fact!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts