Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a Weatherby Orion 20 gauge at a local gun shop for $1100 that the clerk thougt was a good. Is this a good upland game gun. If not what are some other good sxs that are about $1500. THANKS FOR ANY HELP

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Man this is a tough one.

You can find good Winchester Model 24 and Stevens 311 utility guns for $400ish

Franchi Highlander looks nice in this price range but good luck finding one.

Used Beretta 626E
Used Browning BSS
Maybe a plain jane Winchester Model 23
Bernardelli
Used SKB 385
Ugartechea
DeHaan Shotguns S02
Ithaca Flues
Ithaca/SKB 100

Of these I'd get the Browning, Beretta or Bernardelli

Hopefully, Birdbrained and/or Jeff23 will be along shortly, they have a better grasp on the SXS market than I do. My SXS vision only points to Winchester Model 21 and Model 23's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Beretta 626 SxS that I bought new. It has had 2 boxs of shells through it when I shot Skeet with it. It is as new in the box. Also has the Beretta hard case. It is a 20 ga. 28 in. barrels, choke tubes, auto eject. Not a mark any where. Do to my health I am selling some of my guns. I'll let you have it for $1500.00 if you want. If you are interested I'll give you my EMail.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I was hoping by my ommission it would ferret you out. We've missed you Gordo.

Give us an update on the hunting and the shootout in the hunting forum.

·
Registered
518 Posts
New sxs's in that price range are hard to find, and if you like it and it fits you well, go for it. On the other side of the coin, I've heard rumors that Weatherby may be discontinuing their sxs's, so you may want to call them and confirm. My understanding is that they are made by Zabala in Spain, and the last time I talked to Weatherby, Zabala was very slow in getting the guns produced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.