Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a twelve year old trap and skeet shooter. I really want side-by-side,but my father says they kick twice as hard as semi-autos and are aqward to aim when shooting trap and skeet. Is this true?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I dont know about aiming (it depends on how you are used to )but they do generally kick harder because they are lighter than autos and dont use up any of the gases for the loading/unloading of the shells.However not all s/s are light and not all shells produce the same kick. Also different people will find different levels of kick (recoil) acceptable.Have a look at this as well:sid by side discussion of last week:D ITS NOT HOW WELL YOU SHOOT, ITS HOW MUCH NOISE YOUR GUN MAKES.

·
Registered
91 Posts
tpb333, I'm always glad to hear of someone looking to the good ol' SxS for thier shooting needs. In the May/June issue of the Shooting Sportsman, "SKB Doubles Part II" and I quote"The SKB485 makes an excellent target gun because of it's weight and it's raised rib. Ohio target ace Hal Hare made the American Skeet Team shooting a 485". As a first gun though your dad makes good sense and an auto loader is much more affordable, very addaptable (sporting clays is totally fun) and would make a good solid gun for you to learn with, then when you get older and develop the muscles and stamina and skills to get a real gun you can go out and get your SxS.Best of luck to you and remember give the oldsters on the range a little compassion as you clean their clocks. :lol , Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts