Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I bought one today,I just couldn't resist,even I know nothing about them.Any one know abot them?good or bad? thanks. sj :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
sjones: The following may fill in some info gaps for you. Also, for what it's worth...... you made a wise choice.

The current O&U shotguns sold under the SIG Arms name (the Aurora Series) are mfg by Battista Rizzini ( one of 3 Rizzini brothers, who each have their own mfg companies: B. Rizzini in Marcheno, Italy - whose O&U guns are referred to usually as the "Artemis" series (he also mfg guns for L.L.Bean) then there is Isidoro Rizzini (he markets his guns under the F.A.I.R. name); he also is in Marcheno, and mfg guns for Nickerson LTD in England who sells them under the name of Lincoln Jubilee Prestige. F.A.I.R. also mfg's the Verona O&U's.

Then their is Emilio Rizzini located in Brescia, Italy. His guns that are sold in the U.S. & are imported by and sold under the name of:Tristar located in Kansas City.

Their is a fourth Rizzini (F.LLI), who is located in Gardone V.T. Italy. (Don't know if he is related or not) He's way out of my league -- his guns start at about $20 to $25000. and go up from there!!

As a general rule the quality and workmanship of the first (3) mentioned above ranges from good to very good. If prices are used as an indicator, it appears that B. Rizzini (Artemis) guns are a little higher quality than F.A. I. R.guns,,, which in turn are of a higher quality than the Tristar guns. Now, don't anybody out their get up set.......... the above statements are MHO and also what I've been told by knowledgeable people in the business. Also their are always exceptions in all ratings.

Everyone should bear in mind that guns mfg under "private label". i.e. the guns for: SIG; Bean; Nickerson in England; Verona and I'm sure there are a few others out there.... these guns are mfg to a different set of mfg specs (whether they be "higher or lower specs" is determined by the "private label" customer) than the guns sold under the "actual" mfg's name.

I think you'll be pleased w/ your SIG (B. Rizzini) shotgun.
Good shooting. "Grizzly"

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 20 ga. O/U E. Rizzini gun imported by armsport. Most armsport were Turkish made. Would this italian made gun be a better gun? Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
This is a pretty old thread, but since it has been brought up again, I will try to update it a bit.

Sig and B. Rizzini have had a falling out, and Sig will no longer distribute B. Rizzini guns. The remaining stock of Sig Rizzinis is being sold off at sale prices, creating a good opportunity to pick up a nice gun at a good price. In the very near future, Sig will be distributing shotguns made by Fabarms. H&K used to distribute Fabarms, but dropped them.

B. Rizzini went into partnership with Rich Cole of Cole Gunsmithing to form Rizzini USA, which is doing a better job of distributing shotguns than Sig ever did.

Rizzini USA: http://www.rizziniusa.com/

Cole Gunsmithing: http://www.colegun.com/

"F.illi" is an abbreviation for "Fratelli", which is the Italian word for "brothers". The Rizzini Brothers are uncles of Batista, Isadoro, and Emilio Rizzini. They make very expensive guns.

B, I, and E Rizzini operate separate companies, making similar guns of slightly different quality and price levels.

B, I, and E Rizzini have 2 nephews named Guerini. The Guerini brothers worked with Uncle Batista until they decided to go out on their own under the name of Caesar Guerini. (Neither of the Guerini brothers is named "Caesar" - the company is named after an ancestor.) I have heard (but cannot verify) that many of the parts for Guerini guns are made by Fabarms, and assembled and finished by Guerini.

Nick, I really don't know the answer to your question, but my guess is the E. Rizzini guns are better than the Turkish guns imported by Armsport. Somebody may call me down on that, but that is my general impression.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for all the info. That helps me a lot. Anyone who does not think gunmaking is an interesting art needs to think again.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts