Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody familiar with the choke markings on a SIG/Rizzini fixed choke O/U shotgun. Looks like they have "0"s stamped on the side of the barrels. One has 3 and the other 4 I think it is. The guy I got it from said it was an IC and Mod. The owners manual only speaks of choke tubes, and this gun has fixed chokes. Just trying to check him out, 'cause what ever it is, IT IS! I'm stuck with what ever that might be!

Bp

·
Registered
117 Posts
BP,
Congrats on yer new 28 gauge! Now give that Veloce to your daughter.
I think IC and modified is pretty standard on the 28 when it comes to fixed chokes.
Buy the way....
I picked up an 1100 Sporting 28 ga yesterday, too.

I also think the 28 ga shell is the perfect size...It just seems perfectly proportioned

·
Registered
17,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, fellas! I had a brain storm the other day, I decided that just maybe the **** markings on the choke tubes that I got with the Veloce would be similar to the little o's on the Rizzini, both being Italian shotguns. So I did look and lo and behold My IC tube has **** and my Modified is ***. I was incorrect about which markings were on the top and bottom barrel too. The bottom one has the oooo and the top one has ooo. I'm convionced it is indeed choked IC and Mod. I'm a bit curious about the etched FC on the side of the monoblock over the top of the jewling though?? You open the action and on the left side, there it is, BIG BOLD letters FC?? Maybe this weekend I'll get to shoot it! Well, I'm going to shoot it if I have to shoot it out in the back yard, but I'm hoping to actually SHOOT it, like Skeet or something!

BP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts