Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally came, no matter how hard I tried to prolong it, duck/goose season is over. Damn!What really gets me is it took me 30 years to find out how much fun it was. Oh well, got the summer to get in some practice and get ready for thanksgiving to roll around to try and hit em again. 10 months......how am I going to make it? Least I have here to bs about my favorite weapons and different opinions about them.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
I'm with ya.....the waterfowl seasons are all but done. There is a conservation order in several states on the light geese, but with the new need for land owners permission it makes it a tad tougher to chase 'em.Ofcourse, snipe is still open till the end of Feb.Turkey season will open in the middle of March or the first of April, depending on which county.Then there is shooting clays, picking up cheap decoys or other close out items, lots of clothes marked half off or order a new call to practice with over the summer. Haunt the gun shops looking for an occasional bargain.I'm going to ride around to some of the various clays ranges around the state, looking to taking one of Gill and Vickie Ash's shooting clinics or atleast some one on one with one of the local instructors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And...you can always take your dog to a shooting preserve. The last preserve I went to didn't "plant" birds...they were released from the back of a truck in batches allowing the birds to fly to the fields and settle in. Made the hunting a bit more real.It's good training for the dog...still fun to shoot the birds...and they're grain fed, so its a good meal.Open until 4/15 and then its turkey time....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts