Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SIGHT IN A 870 EXPRESS RIFLED BARRELL USING SABOTS I AM LEFT HANDED BUT SEEM TO NEED TO PUT THE BACKSIGHT ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT AS FAR AS IT WILL TRAVEL TO HIT THE TARGET SOMEWHERE NEAR THE CENTRE IS THIS UNUSUAL SHOULD I TRY A SCOPE
CAN I USE SAY A RED DOT SCOPE AND USE THE SAME SCOPE WITH THE NORMAL BARRELL

·
Registered
161 Posts
What type and size slugs are you using?

If you are shooting 2-3/4" slugs out of a 3" or 3-1/2" chamber you may need to go to a longer shell.

Or at least try a different brand or size shell.

My buddy and I were sighting in his Mossberg pump at 50 yards and he was off the paper to the right. We adjusted the rear sight as far as it would go without falling off and the best we could get was 6" to the right at 50 yards. He was using 2-3/4" Lightfield slugs in his 3-1/2" chamber. He switched to Remington Copper Solids and now was hitting 4 to 5 inches to the left! All of his shots were nearly touching each other with both shells. The funny thing was I think the Remington shells were also 2-3/4".

The best thing to do is buy 3 - 5 different brands and style sabots and see which shoots the best/straightest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats interesting I wonder if anyone can explain why these slugs go off to one side or the other as you would thinkthey would go straight and you would only need adjust for distance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts