Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at one of the new Silver Hunters. They are nice. I was told that some of the parts were changed. Browning put in the winchester parts. Any opinon on how reliable they are?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have one and very happy with it. The only problem I had was cycling winchester universal loads which are not very good loads in my opinion. That was like the second box of shells i put through it and havnt tried them since and have not had any problems since. I have been putting at least a 100 rounds a week with out any problems since then.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
The Silver has the Winchester SX2's bolt and the Gold's trigger group, receiver (classic), and barrel, alloy magazine and recoil tubes (Fusion). The gas system from the Gold and SX2 are already the same. Since the Golds and SX2's are very reliable I see no reason why the Sivler series would not also.

Because the Silver has the SX2's bolt. There are is no speed load or magazine cutoff features of the Gold series.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have one too, the wood is amazing. Shucked Fiocchi GPs 3" #5 and 6s, and #1,2 and 4 Kent Faststeel for the last four days with out a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts