Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
846 Posts
Silverleaf is a great course. It has 3 levels of difficulty so you can pretty much shoot what you want. They also use electronic releases that count your targets, so you can shoot as many as you want at each station or as few as you want. It also allows you to shoot by yourself by using a delay on the electronics.
I'd highly recommend this course and the people are also very nice. My only complaint is that they don't change the course around too much, but that doesn't matter much unless you shoot there a lot.
Gofer

· Registered
846 Posts
The folks at the front counter will show you the details. Basically you plug it in, hit any button to wake the machine up. Then you adjust the initial delay, followed by the delay between the two birds if you want a simulated report pair. If you want the true pair, just do the initial delay. Generally I set in about 3 seconds to allow me to get ready.
Works great...
Gofer

· Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I'll have to check into that. Should be simple.

I shot there in mid-June. They had more stations on the silver course. Goes to 12 now instead of 10. Heard they mixed the blue up also. And the north one to boot. Nice place but a bit expensive. OTA on Banner Road and I-40 is half the price.

slomo

· Registered
25 Posts
slomo said:

I shot there in mid-June. They had more stations on the silver course. Goes to 12 now instead of 10. Heard they mixed the blue up also. And the north one to boot. Nice place but a bit expensive. OTA on Banner Road and I-40 is half the price.

slomo
Does OTA have a sporting clays course or just skeet/trap??? And where is it? I live close, in Yukon, but usually shoot at OKCGC.

· Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shortline said:
slomo said:

slomo
Does OTA have a sporting clays course or just skeet/trap??? And where is it? I live close, in Yukon, but usually shoot at OKCGC.
OTA is off I-40 and Banner Road. Not far from Yukon. They have skeet and trap. No sporting clays but again it's half the price of Silverleaf. Course is clean and a lot of people shooting there. Bad thing is they only take cash. No credit cards.

http://www.otatrapandskeet.org/

Silverleaf also went semi-private this year. Only open to the public on weekends I think. The memberships are not cheap either. You'd have to shoot a TON to get your money back off the small discount they offer with a membership. At least several times a week. Not worth it to me. Nice course but expensive.

Besides a membership what does it cost at the OKCGC? What courses do they have for shotguns?

slomo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.