Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with TT! Even a nice old Daly would be good, but you are way more likely to find a BT-99.

Nothing else even comes close for the money!

BP

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
portlysenior said:
What reasonable priced single barrel would you all suggest instead of an o/u? Excluding a pump or auto.
A dedicated single barrel trap (SBT) gun is my favorite choice for trapshooting. I prefer the handling of a dedicated SBT, as opposed to the more common "unsingle" or "top single" barrel sets that are fitted to O/U frames.

The Browning BT99, or its predecessor, the Charles Daly/Miruku SBT is the most common SBT. These guns are widely available for under $1000.

If limited parts availability doesn't bother you, try finding an Italian Gamba SBT. They were imported to the USA over a 20 year period by a variety of companies, including Abercrombie & Fitch in the 60s, and Stoeger in the 70s. Prices range from $500-$1500 depending upon condition.

Of course, one of the greatest SBTs of all time is the Ithaca SBT. Try to get a later "Knick" model (S/N over 400,000). Prices will generally start around $2000 for one in decent shape, and then sky-rocket from there.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
There is also the SKB Century single and Century II that can be found for $400-800. SKB says "don't bother asking about parts for these discontinued guns". Beretta also made the Mark II trap single back in the 70s or 80s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.