Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After calling SKB I found out the following info:To commemorate SKB's 150th Anniversary they created a very limited number of High Grade 585 shotguns (70 28" 12ga. models , 20 26" 12 ga. models and 60 20 ga. models) totaling 150 units .
The factory brochure states :" LIMITED EDITION , 150th Anniversary MODEL " , Then goes on to say "In 1959 , SKB began production on it's first over & under shotgun . The low profile and distinctively shaped receiver have become hallmark features recognized world wide .
The 150th Anniversary commemorative model incorporates this distinctive style with new gold game scene engraving patterns and high grade American Black Walnut .
Very limited production in 12 and 20 gauge models only " .
Well , I went ahead and bought the new one I was looking at and I'm very pleased with it . Beautiful engraving and large gold inlays and AAA or grade 5 feather crotch American Black Walnut . Just an incredible gun and value . Going Trap shooting with it over the holidays .

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Sounds like you got a great gun! Enjoy it, knowing the SKB O/U design is very stout and will remain solid for years and years to come.

My father is still using his Ithaca/SKB M700 Trap gun that he bought new in the late 60s. That gun has well over 100,000 rounds through it and has been extremely reliable and still locks up tight. I have an 80s vintage SKB M600 that sold new in Germany - I love the gun and it too has been very reliable.

By the way, SKB's 150th Anniversary was in 2005. Very, very few of those 150 special edition guns are still hanging around new on dealer's racks. You made a good choice - and if anyone else wants one - you'd better move quickly!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grousen said:
Your gun sounds great. Do you mind telling us how much they go for, and where they are availalbe from? Thanks.
I understand they are suppose to sell for about $2000.00 . I saw one for $2350.00 on GUNS AMERICA that I believe already sold . I have only actually seen in person the one that I bought . If you can locate one I think it would be well worth buying . I wish I could find another one in 20 ga , I'd buy it a heart beat , these are like grade V guns . (I bought mine at Sportco in Fife , Washington). Have a Quality Day !!
Don

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WinM12 said:
Sounds like you got a great gun! Enjoy it, knowing the SKB O/U design is very stout and will remain solid for years and years to come.

My father is still using his Ithaca/SKB M700 Trap gun that he bought new in the late 60s. That gun has well over 100,000 rounds through it and has been extremely reliable and still locks up tight. I have an 80s vintage SKB M600 that sold new in Germany - I love the gun and it too has been very reliable.

By the way, SKB's 150th Anniversary was in 2005. Very, very few of those 150 special edition guns are still hanging around new on dealer's racks. You made a good choice - and if anyone else wants one - you'd better move quickly!
Thanks for the info . I too owned a Ithaca/SKB 600 back in the 70's and let somebody talk me out of it , been sorry ever since what a Great gun the 600 was . I do still have my 70's 280E SXS Ithaca/SKB and will never part with it . I really would like to find a 480E , I passed up a chance to buy one of those Brand New in the 70's , they were rare even when they were new . Now if you can even find one they are typically over $3.000.00 . Have a Quality day !! Don

·
Registered
1 Posts
stratoliner said:
After calling SKB I found out the following info:To commemorate SKB's 150th Anniversary they created a very limited number of High Grade 585 shotguns (70 28" 12ga. models , 20 26" 12 ga. models and 60 20 ga. models) totaling 150 units .
The factory brochure states :" LIMITED EDITION , 150th Anniversary MODEL " , Then goes on to say "In 1959 , SKB began production on it's first over & under shotgun . The low profile and distinctively shaped receiver have become hallmark features recognized world wide .
The 150th Anniversary commemorative model incorporates this distinctive style with new gold game scene engraving patterns and high grade American Black Walnut .
Very limited production in 12 and 20 gauge models only " .
Well , I went ahead and bought the new one I was looking at and I'm very pleased with it . Beautiful engraving and large gold inlays and AAA or grade 5 feather crotch American Black Walnut . Just an incredible gun and value . Going Trap shooting with it over the holidays .
I have a SKB 585 20 ga O/U marked as 150th anniversary. I has a gold duck inlay and beautiful wood. I am interested in finding a value for the gun. Do you know where I might go to get a value? At a minimum, I need to get it appropriately insured.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts