Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently just got a SKB 3000 ducks unlimited model semi-automatic shotgun and when firing with 3 shells in it it jams because it tries to push both shells in the magazine in to the chamber. Has anyone else had this problem or able to tell me how to fix it?

Also When trying to take it apart i couldnt get the bolt removed anyone know how this piece comes out?

·
Registered
163 Posts
2 shells jumping out of the magazine is very unusual,I frequently use the whole 5 shots with my 1900(same action as the 3000)without problem.Suggest a quick trip to a gunsmith.

The bolt is released by removing the barrel,then wiggle the reciever handle and it will come out of the slot by slowly moving the bolt forward until the handle comes out of the slot.

Another tip is if it has the magazine cut off have it disabled as the spring is prone to breaking unexpectedly,leaving you with a single shot gun for the day.The spring can be replaced with a piece of cable tie,works a treat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we were using very light field loads...like 7 1/2 shot i believe. it was set on light loads. We just bought it so we were shooting just to see how it works. We cleaned it after but haven't had a chance to shoot it. I called the place we got it from and they said it would send it out to a gun smith to be looked at and fixed for no charge so i guess i really dont have to worry about it thanks for the tips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.