Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any shotgunners out there own and have a positive review of this gun? (SKB 90TSS OVER & UNDER) Looked at a couple of them the other day. Seems like a lot of gun for the money. I think the price was $1549 new. I know they're made in Turkey but SKB has a good track record and good customer service from what I hear. Appreciate any imput. Thanks, Grade6man

·
Registered
272 Posts
In addition to using the search function for the information you are looking for, I would reach out to "CFoster" (Chuck Foster) on this forum. He is a great instructor/gunsmith at Deep River Sporting Clays which they use SKB's as their rental guns. He would be able to tell you how they have held up to the use/abuse the guns get.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mad Dawg said:
In addition to using the search function for the information you are looking for, I would reach out to "CFoster" (Chuck Foster) on this forum. He is a great instructor/gunsmith at Deep River Sporting Clays which they use SKB's as their rental guns. He would be able to tell you how they have held up to the use/abuse the guns get.
CFoster is indeed an excellent resource! He helped me to select the SKB 90TSS in left handed version after I had struggled trying to shoot a beretta SP1 with a lot of cast off, off of the left shoulder (I am right handed but left eye dominant).

I purchased the 20ga version first, and now have over 7000 rounds thru it. It remains my favorite of the four guns I use for clays. I liked the 90TSS so much, that I eventually picked up a 12 ga version as well, and now have over 4000 rounds thru it. I have had the 20ga version back to SKB for service on two occasions. Mine was a very early model, and the stock was not cut correctly - this could be overcome by comb adjustments, but it was not right. SKB offered to replace the stock for me. The replacement (same as current production) is wonderful!.

I also had an issue with doubling early on. SKB fixed that as well. there has not been a repeat since it went back 5k rounds ago or so.

SKB's service (they are located in Omaha) is truly wonderful.

I would not hesitate to recommend the 90TSS. It is an excellent clays gun with all of the adjustability desired to make it fit perfectly. It has good weight to absorb all the clays you could want to shoot in a day. The price point is very nice as well!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
grade6man.
We have been an SKB dealer for a number of years. The guns have held up for us as high volume, rental/school guns with no unusual problems. NCMikeR is my student and shooting companion and he shoots several SKB's that have served him very well. SKB's dealer back-up is great. If there is a problem SKB has always accomplished any repairs in a very timely manner.
If Factory repairs are required SKB takes care of them promptly. Additionally,SKB offers several of their guns in a left hand configuration.
I would highly deccomend the SKB line of shotguns for a reasonably priced and reliable shotgun to shoot sporting clays or for general wingshooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.