Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting into skeet after shooting my first trap league here in Cincinnati. Our gun club has a poster circa 1951 titled "Skeet Basics" with illustrations of the optimal break points and approximate leads for the various stations. I was looking at it last Wednesday night and noticed the lead and break point advise for stations 4 & 8 and promptly cleaned both those stations during my next round. I'd like to get a copy of this poster or a similar chart to post on the wall of my reloading area.

Does anybody know where I can get something like this?

Thanks!

Darren

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
There's no auction on one now but if you check eBay frequently by putting D Lee Braun in the search engine sooner or later you'll get one or more auctions selling his book, Skeet Shooting with D. Lee Braun and the Remington Pros, which when published contained a pull-out poster such as what you're look for.

Be sure the one up for auction still contains the poster.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!

I must say, I'm having more fun shooting skeet than I did shooting trap. It seems to be a little more informal and less intimidating than trap. It's even more of a challenge, as I just purchased a Remington 870 Youth 20GA as a home defense gun for my mom and am "breaking it in" in this skeet league.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
ShootingStar said:
I don't know how Case managed to forget his own, very comprehensive skeet guide.
You know me... So modest, shy and retiring -- just couldn't bring myself to toot my own horn. :lol:

You got a helluva deal, Red-Leg. I've seen that book go for $20 or more on eBay, sometimes even without the pull-out.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Case said:
You know me... So modest, shy and retiring -- just couldn't bring myself to toot my own horn
:?: Are you mellowing :?: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
:?: "Are you mellowing" :?: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Case said:
HELL NO! I'm lying.
Don'tcha just hate it when people start spreading vicious rumors about you??!! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts