Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have experience with two types of throwers. The first is the hand held plastic thrower, the second is the spring powered thrower where you manually cock the arm then pull the string to launch.

Having said that, I am looking to acquire an automated thrower. I want to be able to push a button and have a skeet thrown. Does anyone have any suggestions on some of the better throwers? Price is not a problem. I would prefer something portable, but that is not a necessity. I imagine the portables would be powered by a car battery, but that is just a guess. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CD

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
From your post, I'm guessing that what you are looking for is actually a portable, automatic trap. LaPorte makes one I'm thinking of saving up my nickles and dimes for that oscilates left and right. I think it goes for around $2,000. It's the Mini TA200. They also have other 12 volt traps. Here is a link to info:

http://laporte-usa.safeshopper.com/14/31.htm?465

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I did a lot of research before our club bought 4 auto traps. I went to several Sporting Clays ranges to see what type they used, Promatic was the most popular. We chose the Promatic Ranger powered by a 12 volt battery. I think we gave $1800 each plus shipping over a year ago. These traps will hold 275 clays and will operate 5,000 times on a battery charge. Our club membership picked up after installing a 5-Stand. Since then will have bought 10 manual 3/4 cock Lincoln traps for a sporting clays course. Here's Promatic web address below.

http://www.pro-matic.com/html
pages/products_/productguide.htm

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
BZ5119 said:
SXer said:
No offence intended but "skeet" is a game. "Clays, or clay birds" is a more correct term....Jack
I don't think you'll hurt any feelings considering the OP asked 10 years ago!
Thats funny right there! Gotta be getting close to a record for oldest resurrected thread!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you still need a skeet thrower check out westernretro.net. They sell white flyer skeet and traps. I highly recomend these machines. My grandfather got it in 1978 from a club that shutdown on the north side of Chicago. Put it in our skeet house hasent left since. The origanl machine holds 100 targets. It can be convertd to 500.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would like to see Mr. WingOne shoot by himself with this fabulous thrower he seems to be ramming down our throats! Some people are not rank amateurs and actually need to simulate real club conditions. This requires more than your run of the mill hand thrower.

·
Registered
416 Posts
How about you stand 15 yards out in front of me and throw teal targets with your magnificent contraption? The OP specifically requested suggestions for an automated thrower that works with the push a button. The device that you wedge into every conversation that you can possibly wiggle into does not meet his criteria.

Right now you have 12 posts on this board and not a single one of them is anything less than an advertisement for your product. Perhaps if advertisement is what you seek, you should pony up and pay for an ad like all the legitimate vendors do on this site. Until then, don't expect my 'tone' to change.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
WingOne said:
Mr. WingOne has friends and does not need to shoot by himself! Apparently you do NOT have many friends.... by the 'tone' and hostile response to a post!
Good luck selling them, have you become a sponsor?

If not, pony up some cash and support the site or move on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.