Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figure I better just go ahead and buy some nice skeet and trap accessories before I waste 3 times as much money on crap. What do you guys prefer in:

Shooting Vests
Glasses
Recoil Pads
Skeet and Trap choke tubes (for a Beretta A303)
Anthing else?

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
My list won't be high dollar because I'm kind of a cheap *******.

Shooting Vest - Browning really nice but no shell pouch
Glasses - Remington Walmart Specials in 3 flavors
Recoil Pad- Limbsaver worth the $30 bucks
Chokes - OEM but I'm thinking about Trulocks
Shooting Bag - Redhead Range Bag
Ear - Peltor Neckband Shotgunners Muffs
Gloves - Black Winter Golf Gloves for when it's cold

Another cold weather gear that is worth every penny you'll spend on it. UNDERARMOUR Cold Weather Gear. I know it's as expensive as hell but when your standing around in the cold waiting for some guys that take 40 seconds between clays you'll thank me for telling you that.

·
Registered
17,955 Posts
My office is just about a good driver and a 5 iron out the back door of Cabela's! I have a sort of vest that has several pockets on it. Couple on each side with one that unzips to let a mesh empty shell bag fall out if you want to use it. I usually do. It will hold over 50 12 ga hulls. The other pockets will hold at least 2 boxes of 12 ga shells in the box with 2 other snap close flap pockets. The strap has a halfassed pad at the shoulder maybe helping with recoil. It is a Cabela's brand. I have a couple range shell totes that have room for 4 boxes of shells and two nice long zipper pockets one on either side. A box for choke tubes fits on one side and the other has a pair of shooting gloves. I have a couple canvas tote bags I like to use for more shells and emptys. One I got several years ago FREE when I bought a gift pack of ArmorAll products. Any nice little cloth bag that holds about 8 to a dozen boxes of shells will work. I have a shooting friend who has a nice yellow cloth/codura tool bag that he gave less than a ten spot for and it is perfect. Yes, I've got some choke tubes, I bought several from Geo. Truelock and from what I can tell so far they are as good if not better than the other big name tubes my buddies have! I have foam rubber ear plugs. I hate muffs for shooting a shotgun! Other than that, all you need is a shotgun!

BP

·
Registered
375 Posts
Two places you don't want to go "low dollar" is protection for your eyes and your ears.

For glasses there are many choices but I've used Decot's for more than 30 years...Bud is the "man".

For hearing protection there are several of the muff-type that allow you to hear normal conversation while shuting out the loud noises....find the one that fits you best when mounting your shotgun and pay the money....you will think it's the best money ($150-$200) you ever spent when you reach the age of 50 and can still hear.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a three fold terrycloth hand towel, the kind that golfers use (it says, "Wilson"), that I loop through my belt.

You might want to try a toe pad, if you need a place to rest your barrel.

Military surplus stores have served as cheap source for canvas range bags, shell pouches, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts