Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a decent opening day for dove. I didn't get my bag limit but I did come home with eight. So, I had been itching to get back out in the field all week. I got up this morning and headed down to some fields(can't start until noon here). I got set up and ready to go around noon. All day and didn't see one stinking bird! One of the guys I was hunting with did manage to get one but that was it and he was on the other side of the field. :( So, I came home today empty handed. Oh well there is always next weekend. :D I hope you all had a better day than I.

·
Registered
200 Posts
opennig day we found a five acre strip with dove.It took ten hunters to keep the dove flying.We got there late,as soon as the first five hunters limited out the birds stopped flying.we didn't do so well after that.Two of us went back saturday morning but we only bagged three birds.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you haven't already it is advisable to invest in decoys,they pay off when there isn't enough shooters to keep the birds moving.I am using 2 Mojo doves and a dozen Feather Flex decoys and they have worked wonderfully thus far. Good luck !!!
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts