Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a slip on recoil pad for my Browning citori 12 gauge 725. It continues to slip and will not stay in place . Suggestions how to make the slip on recoil pad stay in place?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
ejensen,

IMO get rid of the slip on recoil pad and have your gun altered to the correct LOP. The only thing the slip on recoil pad will do, is scratch up your good stock.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Reactions: jusanothajoe

·
Registered
749 Posts
Seriously, you spend close to 3K on a shotgun then screw around with a slip on pad??? As the others suggest, have a gunsmith install a grind to fit pad and have him adjust LOP to fit you at the same time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds as if it is the wrong size/style.
I had a slip on recoil pad on my 101 for years, it never slipped. It took baby powder just to get it on, it was so tight.
However, I do agree with the other responses, have a nice recoil pad installed.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
There's a place for slip on recoil pads -
Summer shirtsleeve shooting of a Duck gun, for example.
Or, pad on a gun that you have not yet decided to keep forever.
They never slip if they are the correct tight size.
Cornstarch works as a friction reducer, to install a tight pad.
Pachmayr slip on pads are better than the cheap ones.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I use one on an american arms O/U that is too short LOP. Instead of fitting a new pad, I just bought a slip on limbsaver and it works well. I had to remove the factory small pad, otherwise the slip on would be a slip off pad. Doesn't look good, but does the job.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Limbsaver and an outfit called "Pridefend" make a slip on that iss stickier rubber and tends to stay put better.

As was noted, it you're keeping the gun just spring for $100 and get a proper pad installed. But slip ons have a place and can work pretty well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ejensen,

IMO get rid of the slip on recoil pad and have your gun altered to the correct LOP. The only thing the slip on recoil pad will do, is scratch up your good stock.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man
ejensen,

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man
Thanks for your thoughts on the slip on recoil pad for my browning citori. Contacted a gunsmith today and he told me what recoil pad to order from Browlell's. Ordered the recoil pad and He will install it

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
ejensen,

Good move, make sure you get the correct LOP when he installs your new pad.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts