Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad own a model 3000 smith and wesson pump shotgun were can i find a barrel for it he wants a shorter on an screw out chokes his has a 30 inch barrel and fixed full choke

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have the Mossberg version of this shotgun known as the 3000 Waterfowler. It's a extremely well made shotgun that was produced by Howa of Japan, a respected firearms manufacturer.

Numrich has some 20 inch 12 ga barrels available.

You could send the barrel to Carlsons and for about $70.00 they could shorten the barrel to whatever length you want and install choke tubes. That's the best way to go.

Copterdrvr

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have read it is a copy of an 870 then mossberg took it can those barrel be inter changed thank u

·
Registered
448 Posts
A good gunsmith should be able to cut down the barrel and install screw-in chokes though, if one is available, an aftermarket barrel is likely going to be less costly.

·
Registered
599 Posts
bps said:
i have read it is a copy of an 870 then mossberg took it can those barrel be inter changed thank u
It has many of the design features of the 870 but it is not a copy.

None of the parts are interchangeable. The fit and finish of my 3000 is better than any 870 I've seen or owned-except for an 870TC that I had years ago.

Copterdrvr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts