Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made it back to AR to chase the snows....I have muscles aching that I didnt even know I had! There was a flock of 5-6000 that were staging between two fields and we put the slip on them several times. It becomes a military type assualt slipping through patches of cover, through muddy ditches, crawling along brushy banks all for the goal of getting within range of the geese. The 10ga BPS topped with a Patternmaster with BBB, BB, and T's did a fine job.Two weeks ago there were many thousands of birds in the area and the folks we hunted with had pics where they had killed 298 birds. We managed 40-50 just hunting in the morning.

· Registered
2,887 Posts
If you think sneaking them is fun - try decoying them . . . It is truly awesome to lay underneath thousands of snows cycloning over your head . . . good stuff 8)

· Registered
287 Posts
Snow geese are an amazing site, especially if you are in the thick of them. You can see a train in the background. If you were to be at either end of that train and were to take a 90 degree look out, there would still be snow geese in your field of vision either direction. I don't even know how one could estimate the numbers, just sitting room only for geese as far as you can see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.