Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at another AK, another glock, or perhaps one of those excellent Patriot ordnance Ar15s, 16", with the np3 finish. I'm totally down for one of those, even with the 2k$ price tag.

But what about you?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
This:

http://www.vltor.com/projects.htm

But far more likely, it'll be a new shotgun and pistol when I get back from deployment. Probably a Mossberg 930 field/security combo, and either an XD or a Glock unless the vltor Fortis comes out by then. After that It'll be an ultralight AR build and either a remington 700 or an AR-10/SR-25 build. Jury is still out on which direction I want to go with the .308.

Though... the PKM is tempting, and cheap surplus 7.62x54r is still cheap to shoot....

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I'm still working on making my POF 308 lower into something useful. As for actual rifle purchases, I'd like to build a sportser long range gun, so some sort of surplus bolt action receiver would be good. I would also like to build up a 5.56 AR to go with the big one, and I keep hoping to come across a 2nd hand marlin 45-70.

I've got my eye on a Stevens 311 that will probably result in my next background check. I'd like to get some semi auto guns as well. I've been wanting a browning field gun for some time, and a Beretta or Stoger tac gun would be great.

I've wanted a double stack 1911 for a while now. I saw a polymer framed kimber at the last gun show, and if I could find another sometime, I'd sure like to buy it. Although I've got to agree with Alt about the Vltor Bren Ten. I'm a big fan of CZ ergos, and I'd like to get a 10mm, so that seems about perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Although I cannot afford any of these for a long time, I like the Benelli M shotguns and the semi-auto Benelli Vinci better. I want to see what modifications the Vinci will get next year. I like how its new In-Line Inertia bolt both reduces felt recoil and more importantly limits muzzle rise by keeping recoil in line with the bore. I like that the Vinci has no gas system. I do not know if a short barrel/receiver module and a shorter LOP stock will ever be available for the Vinci. I do not think that a magazine extension is possible, but perhaps an unlikely tactical design would feature an appropriately long trigger group/forend module. It only has a 3+1 capacity as of 2009.

I also like the Remington 105 CTi II semi-auto shotgun. It has a titanium receiver overlaid with a beautiful carbon-fiber shell. It has reduced recoil and bottom ejection, too. I do not know if a shorter barrel or magazine extension will ever be available for it, though. It only has a 4+1 capacity as of 2009.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
1) Kel-Tec SU-16C or a Mini 14 if I can't find the Kel-Tec. Early December.

2) Remington 700 Varmint, most likely chambered in 308. February.

3) Streamlined, lightweight AR build for scabbard carry. On-going project.

After the 700, my defense budget will take another direction, other gear and training. The AR gets plugged away at as I am able to find the exact parts I want for it.
A last thought. I may have to completely rethink my Mossberg 500 as my defense shotgun. I think the 870 is much better suited for defense purposes.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Mohave-Tec said:
1) Kel-Tec SU-16C or a Mini 14 if I can't find the Kel-Tec. Early December.

2) Remington 700 Varmint, most likely chambered in 308. February.

3) Streamlined, lightweight AR build for scabbard carry. On-going project.

After the 700, my defense budget will take another direction, other gear and training. The AR gets plugged away at as I am able to find the exact parts I want for it.
A last thought. I may have to completely rethink my Mossberg 500 as my defense shotgun. I think the 870 is much better suited for defense purposes.
PM me for some info on your AR build. I may have something you'd be interested in.

Rob

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I've got to finish three AR builds: an old school A2, two M4s for the critters. Then I need to switch my middy lower out for a billet and use that lower for a 6.8.
I've got an eye on a Glock 26.
I'm also looking at a HALO or AAC M4 can.

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Next order of business will be my CCW. Then a simple AR type carbine. Then another deer rifle. Either a 700SPS in .25-06 or bossibly something a little more compact in 7mm08. I'd like to find something that would work as a carbine and kill deer out to 300yds but those thing seem mutualy exclusive in my budget.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alt154shiver said:
This:

http://www.vltor.com/projects.htm

But far more likely, it'll be a new shotgun and pistol when I get back from deployment. Probably a Mossberg 930 field/security combo, and either an XD or a Glock unless the vltor Fortis comes out by then. After that It'll be an ultralight AR build and either a remington 700 or an AR-10/SR-25 build. Jury is still out on which direction I want to go with the .308.

Though... the PKM is tempting, and cheap surplus 7.62x54r is still cheap to shoot....
I forgot to put that on my list...definetly need to get one!

6500$ though is pricey.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I don't own any icky guns, and am a pacifist with no need for weapons.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Too many guns on the want list, but what is topping my list right now is a Saiga 12 build and an AR build. I think i wanna go with the Saiga first and then the AR. It's a tough call, right now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm looking for a cheap barrel to shorten to 18.5" for my Rem 1100. I don't need a 18.5" barrel for my 1100 (I have a 870 with one), I just want one. I'm also seriously considering a CCP. I've thought about it and with advise from my friend (if it's to big, you'll just leave it home) I've come to realize my Ruger SP 101, Taurus 85 and Glock 23 are to big. Considering my States weather (clothing) and my average day I want to carry in my front pocket. I'm looking at Kel Tec PF 9's. Small enough for the pocket and with a proper sized round. I want a Robough R9, but I fail to have a extra grand lying around. For some reason I'm also looking at Winchester 1200/1300 defenders. For no particular reason.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.