Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
ADAMSGW said:
Shouldn't be an issue with any quality gas operated gun. A new shooter with poor form might have to use heavier loads with an inertia operated gun but it's not a certainty.
My SA-08 ran fine with 7/8oz standard target loads and the light piston out of the box. Some people report that they have had to shoot "heavy" loads out of a semi auto to break it in but I've been lucky in that has never applied to any of the semis I have purchased.
To the OP. Here is your answer right here. 100% spot on.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Slidertom said:
ADAMSGW said:
Shouldn't be an issue with any quality gas operated gun. A new shooter with poor form might have to use heavier loads with an inertia operated gun but it's not a certainty.
My SA-08 ran fine with 7/8oz standard target loads and the light piston out of the box. Some people report that they have had to shoot "heavy" loads out of a semi auto to break it in but I've been lucky in that has never applied to any of the semis I have purchased.
To the OP. Here is your answer right here. 100% spot on.
You realize the gun is for a girl, from the sounds of it a young lady at that. There is about a 90 percent chance she will be looking into the back of the receiver on an sa08 when her cheek is properly on stock...

·
Registered
354 Posts
stockranger said:
You realize the gun is for a girl, from the sounds of it a young lady at that. There is about a 90 percent chance she will be looking into the back of the receiver on an sa08 when her cheek is properly on stock...
Yes, that's why I mentioned in my first post in this thread that there was a youth stock available.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Dr Duk said:
Winchester SX-3 Compact 20 ga
Gas gun, little recoil and easy for a kid to shoot.
My son shot one for several years. Dove, quail, duck and some clays. He's 6 feet tall now so it's too small. Very good gun at a nice price. Shims and LOP spacers are included.

·
Super Moderator
8,803 Posts
drawdc said:
Dr Duk said:
Winchester SX-3 Compact 20 ga
Gas gun, little recoil and easy for a kid to shoot.
My son shot one for several years. Dove, quail, duck and some clays. He's 6 feet tall now so it's too small. Very good gun at a nice price. Shims and LOP spacers are included.
I added a slip on recoil pad and shoot the gun occasionally.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
In 20 gauge I have SX3, Affinity and SA-08. Someone mentioned the Affinity and I believe it does recoil more than the other two, fit is not an issue and I shoot it very well.

My daughter is grown. She shoots an early model SA-08 youth that came with wood furniture. My SX-3 is a compact model. Daughter prefers the SA-08. They are sleeker and trimmer, which she likes and she prefers the shorter barrel on the SA-08, 24" rather than the 26" barreled SX-3. Compared side by side, the SX-3 does have noticeably more bulk.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts