Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The True Believer
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you.
He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night.
The only thing clean on him is his weapon.
He doesn't worry about what workout to do...
His rucksack weighs what he weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'... he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700... he is home.
He knows only the cause...
Now, who wants to quit?

Author Unknown

·
Registered
510 Posts
Taking a life is not something one should wish to do. "bring it on" is not a term i would use. I will only use force when they attack the things that are good and innocent. They can believe what ever there fool hearts want to as long as they don't plan on forcing it on me. Live and let live. Or if they wish live and let die, but the second of the 2 will never be my choice.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
fluzzy said:
Taking a life is not something one should wish to do. "bring it on" is not a term i would use. I will only use force when they attack the things that are good and innocent. . .
Um. . . they already did. Good and innocent was attacked. Already happened, my friend.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
topmaul said:
The True Believer
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you.
He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night.
The only thing clean on him is his weapon.
He doesn't worry about what workout to do...
His rucksack weighs what he weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'... he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700... he is home.
He knows only the cause...
Now, who wants to quit?

Author Unknown
awesome top... thanks :wink:

your post comes at a most appropriate time for me

THAT"S why i drove five hours each way to a weekend cqc combat pistol training $e$$ion and shot 800 rounds overall... in the rain on sat and froze my bagettes off on sunday...

whether this "true believer" is foreign or domestic, i agree...

bring it on!

training, gear, workout, mindset 8)

·
Registered
80 Posts
this doesnt look real good
this bunch is insane, i understand fluzzys responce about takeing a life, but seems all the trash like this dont care to take a life, so if i ever see one of these ppl around the house i hope he dont care to give his life either. shoot, he's a tuff guy he'll understand...pk

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes I mean Afghanistan, they attacked us. We forced there government out of control and then started another war. Personally am a fan of finishing what you started before involving your resources in another war. Afghanistan is "Finished", I can watch cnn just like you I realize whats happening, terrorist attacks ravage Afghanistan just like the rest of the middle east.

You cant have a war on Terrorism it's an idea. Ask the British how that turned out when they tried to fight an idea called freedom.

The only way to fight an idea is with another idea an quite frankly we aren't doing that right now.

Afghanistan = war over, reconstruction done half *** by our govt.

I support our troops.

P.M. if you have differing view this isn't a political form and i'm not eager to make it into one.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I asked a couple of questions because I found your post confusing, and your last post even more so. I read the original post as being about an enemy that is determined and relentless and that we had better get our attitudes adjusted to the reality of that. If that's political, I guess anything could be considered politics.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Anybody else study what happened to the Russian army when it invaded Afghanistan?

A decently trained, pretty well equipped military with little to no constraints as to how to accomplish its mission. No CNN to tell them what's genocide and what's not.

They utterly f*cking failed.

War is less about killing than it is about logistics and the will to fight. Destroy the enemy capacity to fight and you win. That's why the allies firebombed the axis factories over many other targets.

What do you do when the enemy not only doesn't care much about dying but has little in the way of logistics to destroy?

What are your objectives?

And don't proudly point to your confederate flag and say "nuke 'em all" with a can of budwieser in your hand.

That furthers nasty stereotypes. :D

The average citizen of these countries lives with violence day in and day out. Here in the land of the big PX we get pissed if Walmart is out of our favorite potato chip.

We're not at war with Islam. We're at war with scum who follow Islam.

Scum are scum. I've personally met Christian scum that would look fine with a turban and dynamite vest.

People who suck, suck no matter what creed, language or nationality they have.

This is probably the 4th or 5th time we as a nation have faced combatants like this. At least. Moro tribesman, the Japanese, Axis heavies, Chinese, Vietcong. I almost certainly missed a few.

Hate to break it to you children, with most of the world way, way more poor than we are.

THIS WILL HAPPEN MORE!

Always think for yourself.

And going shooting more is a good idea too, as well as buying returning soldiers drinks.

Reverend Db

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I feel the need to say a few things about some things said in several recent posts.

We aren't at war with Afganistan - we are allies with the government of Afganistan in the fight against terrorists.

We aren't at war with Islamic religion and not all people who follow Islam are "scum". We are at war with Islamic terrorists.

There is a difference, folks, a very important difference.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Islam is not our enemy. The dirt bags who kill in the name of Islam are. The problem is that right now the lines between the 2 are not apparent. How do we blot one group off the face of the planet with out doing it to both? I will not kill the innocent. I will not take life unnecessarily. There's no way of separating one group from the other. There's no hope of victory. This there problem. Islam needs to stand up for itself or die under the weight of a few bloodthirsty men.

The world sucks. There are evil men who kill good people. And we cant do anything about it when evil men are mixed with good people.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
fluzzy said:
The world sucks. There are evil men who kill good people. And we cant do anything about it when evil men are mixed with good people.
There has always been evil in the world, every since Eve bit the apple and her first born son Cain killed his brother Able.

And, very frequently evil has been wrapped in religion. I'll bet the Crusaders looked pretty evil to the Arabs of the time. And how about that Spanish Inquistion?

I would offer that the world doesn't suck, just certain people in it do.

·
Registered
719 Posts
No the world sucks. People suck. There are blessings though. There is hope. There is purity.
Interesting, so many points of view..

Personally, I believe that the world is constantly improving and so there is indeed hope.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.