Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No sooner then I have my SX 1 set up with a 30" barrel for me, I need to lend it to a gunless friend for sporting clays. Other then NU-line [$$$$] anyone have any good sources for a 26" vent rib barrel?

She can shoot IC with it for now and get chokes put in it over the winter.....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Try going on trapshooters.com and asking if anyone has any 26" Super X1 barrels for sale. A lot of people have Super X1's over there. Got a nice used 26" SX1 skeet barrel for $200 about 2 months ago that just showed up on the forum. Don't know if will work but worth a try. A lot of stuff is offered for sale over there.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Snowbound said:
No sooner then I have my SX 1 set up with a 30" barrel for me, I need to lend it to a gunless friend for sporting clays. Other then NU-line [$$$$] anyone have any good sources for a 26" vent rib barrel?

She can shoot IC with it for now and get chokes put in it over the winter.....
I bought a new 26" vent rib IC barrel from NuLine in September 2007 for $299. At that time, I was told they only had 3 vent rib IC barrels left. After I bought mine, I see they have raised the price 10% to $330.

About a month later, I wound up buying another SX1 with a 28" vent rib MOD barrel for $350. With the SX1, it's often a better deal to buy another gun than to buy replacement barrels!

I've used the IC and the MOD for sporting clays - and feel either barrel is adequate. Although SX1 barrels should have plenty of thickness to install modern choke tubes, I've been too impressed with the quality of Winchester's fixed chokes to mess with them!

Other than checking local ads - I'm not aware of any affordable sources for SX1 vent rib barrels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts