Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SP10 which has had about 90 shells through it is failing to feed. I figured the gas ports were blocked. I removed the barrel, the trigger, and the gas cylinder and gave the gun a good cleaning, and cleaned the gas ports. I did not clean the slide mechanism.
Anyway the gun worked fine for a few shells and then has started to fail to feed a shell every few shots. I tried different ammo and same thing.
It ejects fine just does'nt always feed.
Is there anything in particular I could check with this gun?
Are they known for this problem?
Anyway, I'm gonna strip and clean it again, maybe the ports were'nt cleaned thoroughly.

I appreciate any help you guys can give.
thanks,
warren

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Is your SP-10 leaving the live shell in the magazine tube? My Ithica Mag 10 sometimes does that. I sent it in once to have it checked over and it still sometimes does it. When it is perfectly clean it works fine, but after several shots in the field it will sometimes do that with certain ammo, especially Federal. When that has happened I have dropped the trigger guard and really cleaned around the feed latches and then it works. I thought that problem was corrected with the Remington Sp-10. Hopefully some better qualified will give you a better answer. I have never had a problem with the gas system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the spent shell gets ejected but the next shell does not leave the mag tube. I guessed the gas ports were blocked originally. I did remove the trigger assembly and clean inside the receiver. I did notice that handle was a little harder than usual to pull back after a couple of these feed failures so maybe the issue is in the receiver.
I'l check again.

thanks,
warren

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I know no one else is as dumb as me but thought I would update this just in case.

The magazine on this gun is fixed to the reciever, it can be rotated a turn or so on a thread to facilitate removal of the shell follower and mag spring.

Turns out ( pun intended ) the mag tube had unscrewed itself and this left a gap of about 1 millimeter. Just enough for shells to catch on their way out of the mag tube.

Nothing wrong just one stupid owner. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts