Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 10ga was supposed to be the answer when steel was mandated. Ok Remington answered with the SP10. What the hell does this gun shoot well in steel? Trying some different rounds here as late with results I'm not happy with. Patterns would probably improve when I get a lighter choke, but for the sake of arguement the lightest choke Remington supplied these guns with was a mod-lead/imp-mod steel. It sure seems to bust up the pattern of anything so far I've tried. Anyone shooting one getting a nice full pattern and with what? I know HD Patterns well, but I need a bit more practice with the gun before I start wasting my $4 shells.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I got good patterns with tungsten-iron, bismuth, and heavyshot, but I used an improved modied tube. My hunting patner got good results with steel and the imp. mod tube. We used Briley tubes.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The brand new 10ga version of poly-choke is due out this week finally. The answer to my prayers. I'm going to be one of the first to field it. Well see how well it works out. Expect a full review in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts