Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody enjoy other hunting sports like spearfishing?Any Freediving fans?With hunting seasons limited to a few months of the year I like to diversify a bit and hunt in the sea where you can spearfish throughout the year.I could even say spearfishing can get more exciting than hunting birds sometimes. ITS NOT HOW WELL YOU SHOOT, ITS HOW MUCH NOISE YOUR GUN MAKES.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only if you shoot/spear the bottles first:rollin ITS NOT HOW WELL YOU SHOOT, ITS HOW MUCH NOISE YOUR GUN MAKES.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know this was left a while ago....but I just discovered the site.

Just like the rest of you , I love shotguns and hunting. Mostly upland game birds. I enjoy working my 2 pointers more than anything else.

As far as any other hobbies.......yes I actually have spent a great amount of time spearfishing.
I dont anymore....or not frequently being that Im not close to any waters that lend itself to the activity.

Spear fishing is very similar to walk up hunting. You swim around and can either spot fish that you like from the surface or you dive down and examine suspicious looking areas ( caves, underneath boulders,reefs, weeds etc). Or if you can really hold your breath , you can go down and hide your self in an area where you think fish might be swimming by. This is effective if you can hold your breath for a few minutes and is usually done to lure the bigger fish.

Spearfishing with oxygen tanks is not permissable in the areas that I have visited. It is also prohibited at night , when the sleep are fishing and unsuspecting. Then again.....taking more than your hunting limit is also...against the law...but that doesnt mean some of us havent taken more than our share at one point or another.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I used to shoot roughfish (carp, bulheads, dogfish, etc.) with my bow. I really enjoyed bowfishing. It certainly helps you develop your stalking skills and patience.

I might have to dig out the old reel and fiberglass fish arrow....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts