Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live is southern California and was wondering wheather to buy spceckle belly,canada or snow goose decoys since at the moment I only have enough money for one species.
any thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
what is the main species around where you hunt? i doubt i would go with specks just because i personally never seea lot of them, snows are everywhere, and canadas are to, comes down to what you see the most of

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
If you are talking about buying a dozen or so of one species, either Canadas or Spec would be the choice as it takes many, many more to set a good snow spread. The other two are apt to come to a small spread a lot more readily than snows. I prefer silos like the Outlawas as they dont take up much room and you can make a great spread with 2-3 doz, throw in some full body shells and a good caller and wait for the wings to set.

One pond that I will hunt on opening morn has about 300 resident Canadas on it right now.....I hope they hang around :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.