Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new Sporting Clay Bag to transport 8 boxes of shells, shooting glasses, water bottle and so on. You really can't tell much about the ones available on line since you cannot check out the bag interior, fabric quality, padded straps etc.

Which ones are the best (and the ones to avoid)?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Th eCabela's is pretty good, I use that one and at $50 it isn't too terribly expensive. For a round of 100 I will carry 6 boxes of ammo and that leaves plenty of space for other stuff.

Bryan

·
Registered
388 Posts
fullmoon, i used to use a clays bag but have since changed to an Avery Blind Bag. i bought it for duck hunting and had to take it to a shoot at the last minute when my sporting bag broke. i have ended up keeping it as my sporting bag and bought another one to duck hunt with. it's waterproof, has lots of pockets, and is only about $50 now. you can get them at cabela's, DU, etc.. they come in different sizes but the others are called Pit bag, Guide bag, etc. the one i use is the Blind bag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fullmoon, Try MPC Sports in Ga. They have a website you can visit. They carry Wild Hare which makes a bag just like you described. It's called the Deluxe Tournament Bag and sells for about $59.95 or $69.95. Hope this what your looking for.-- GB

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Before you buy one, check out the tool bags at Lowe's or Home Depot. I have a nice one I got at Lowes, and it will easily hold 8 boxes of shells plus tools, extra parts, etc. Mine is a blue and black AWP bag with zipper closure, carrying handles and a sling. And it included a smaller bag, too.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
I just got a new WildHare deluxe bag from MPC Sports it says it will hold 6 boxes, but I found 12 fit just as easy and still has room in and out. Just click on the MPC banner above this forum.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I've got a Wild Hare Deluxe from MPC and love the thing.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Full moon I have the beretta nylon one I think that wild hare is the same. I like mine it holds glasses in case and has a pouch for a round water bottle and also holds my chokes also.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Forgot to tell you that you should definately get something with a shoulder strap.

Bryan

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just bought a nice Bob Allen nylon bag from Gamaliel for $35.95.
It holds 8 boxes of shells, has a nice pocket in front to hold other small items like glasses, ear plugs, choke tubes, a few extra rounds, etc., etc. and two side pockets for whatever.
All three close tight with Velcro.
Good wide shoulder strap that's adjustable.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Redhead Range bag from Bass Pro $29.99. I've been using mine for about two years and have no complaints at all!
I'v even gotten quite a few compliments about it:
Premium bag features a 12" x 11" x 9" reinforced, foam-lined, divided main compartment with dual quick-unzip top and hook 'n' loop closure. Also features two 11" x 10" x 1-3/4" zippered side accessory pockets, water bottle pocket, shooting glasses pocket with hook 'n' loop closure, 1-1/2" heavy nylon web adjustable shoulder strap with non-slip pad and D-ring, web handles, and an extra D-ring for accessories. Durable black endura nylon. Made in USA.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I currently use the RedHead Deluxe Range Shooting Bag that jwints1100 meantioned.
The bag is really deep and I've been able to hold 10+ boxes of shells
with plenty of room for other supplies in the main compartment.
I love the water bottle holder on this bag...it gets lots of use.

I like the Wild Hare bags from MPC Sports as well.
Deluxe Tournament Bag (Wild Hare).
ournament Bag (Wild Hare).

You will definately want a shooting bag with a shoulder strap.

Good luck in your search for a shooting bag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts