Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All-

A few of us have been talking, and we're going to get together to shoot sporting clays on the morning on 9/20 at Hendrick Hudson in Poestenkill, NY. Skeet (and I suppose trap as well) to follow for anyone who is interested.

This will be really informal... not like the other SGW shoots... just getting a group of guys together for a little fun. If you are planning to come, post it here or send me a PM.

For anyone who hasn't been there before... there's no cart rentals... it's a walking course (well under a mile all the way around)-- you can bring your own cart if you are so inclined. Shooting starts promptly at 9am.

Here's a link to the club's website (with directions) http://www.hhfishandgame.com/

EDIT:

List of attendees so far:

drsfmd
Seb
Bruceem
banjomd
falcon5
kraiza
glennc
2few

Only two "no's so far... the Zone 1 shoot is the same day... I didn't realize that.

Another 5 or 6 that I know are in the area who haven't responded yet.

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
I think you know I will be there Doc...

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already had you counted as a yes. A couple of others I PM'ed will be there too...

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
You're going to tell them all to keep their laughter to a minimum right? As I've said, my enthusiasm exceeds my ability.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pencil me in. I'm trying to get used to my new gun & would like to me some of the guys from the board. This will only be my 4th time at clays though, so expect better company than performance...

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents... no worries and no pressure! We're just out to have fun... if we post good scores, all the better...

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
falcon5 said:
Pencil me in. I'm trying to get used to my new gun & would like to me some of the guys from the board. This will only be my 4th time at clays though, so expect better company than performance...
Really hope you can make it Falcon. Be good to meet you. I've been thinking about getting a Vermont small game license. Grouse and bunnies seem to pretty much be a thing of the past down here, but I've heard there are still plenty up there. Even on public land.

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
Looking forward to it Doc!

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
EXCELLENT!!! falcon! Look forward to meeting you and Doc! Assuming all goes well, I will have a new toy for us to play with!

Regards...2few

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
falcon5 said:
Sweet. What ya bringin?
I'm being kind of close lipped about it. Had a deal I thought was "done" go south on me a couple of weeks ago and I am afraid to "jinx" things.

But it should be a done deal by Thursday. I will post pics and such as soon as the NICS call has been made!

Lets just say that I am REAL EXCITED!

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
drsfmd said:
Bump... two weeks from today!
So Doc, Falcon is a definite now, any chance of an updated list on who is going to attend? I'm really looking forward to meeting some guys from here.

Regards....2few

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The list is current. I had a couple more "no" responses, and two who didn't respond at all...

Be sure to bring extra shells... if you are so inclined, we can make our way up to the skeet fields afterwards...

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me! I'll bring LOTS of shells....after all the sky doesn't have enough holes in it! But I will fix that! Maybe if I bring a full flat I might break a clay or two! :oops:

Shooting starts at 9:00 am....is there a place nearby we could maybe meet for coffee at 8:00 or 8:30 am?

Best....2few

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2fewdaysafield said:
Sounds like a plan to me! I'll bring LOTS of shells....after all the sky doesn't have enough holes in it! But I will fix that! Maybe if I bring a full flat I might break a clay or two! :oops:

Shooting starts at 9:00 am....is there a place nearby we could maybe meet for coffee at 8:00 or 8:30 am?

Best....2few
There's a Stewarts shop (like a 7-11) on Rt. 43. I usually stop there on my way to the club-- it's just before the turn onto 351. I usually grab my coffee there and head up to the club to chat in the parking lot. I was planning on making up name tags for the SGW folks. How about we meet at the club at 8?

By the way, for those of you who have never been there before (assuming most of you will be coming from 90...):

I90 to Exit 8 (Route 43).

Stay on 43 through the town of West Sand Lake. You'll pass the Stewarts shop I mentioned above on the left -- there's a cement plan on the left just after Stewarts.

Just past the cement plant, take a left onto Route 351.

Take a right on Route 66.

Take a left on "Gun Club Road".

Note that Gun Club Road isn't much of a road at all... it looks like a driveway. It's easy to miss... Once you are on the club property, follow the signs to the sporting clays course.

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
Thank you Doc....

I'll grab coffee at the Stewarts around 7:45 am and meet you at the club at 8:00 am. I'm greatly looking forward to this. Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather. Hopefully, I will by then have a new (to me) DeHaan for you to take a look at.

All the best....2few....

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
Not really! Lets be honest....we're talking 2fewdaysafield.....If I was getting a new shotgun, you knew it had to be a DeHaan! Just keep your fingers crossed for me please....I want this gun SOOOOOOO bad! Heck, she's better looking than any of my three wives were on their wedding day! :lol: And that is saying something! :D

Please keep your fingers crossed for me. REALLY! Promise I will post as soon as the NICS call is made....I'm just paranoid after my last deal fell through.

Best....2few

1 - 20 of 45 Posts