Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our club is going to have a Sporting Clays tournament in either mid August or mid September this year. As far as we can tell there will no matches opposite us on either dates. I reside in Nashville, and August in Nashville is like really hot, but usually mid September we start cooling off. My feeling is to have it mid September, if nothing else for the people working the match. What are your thoughts.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
With the weather in the Tennessee valley its potluck....we can have nasty hot weather all the way into Oct. Sept has tradtionally been a hot month as well, atleast for dove season. Even the first weeks of Oct are generally not cool, I dont even bother to bow hunt the first few weeks due to the sweat and bugs.

Anyway, Sept is the opening of teal season and then dove season, so you hear two theories as to whether you will get more or less shooters. One says that since hunting season is open less people will shoot, the other says that since hunting season is on their mind they will want to shoot for the practice.

If that is an open date go for it, the sooner you can let folks know the sooner they can plan for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts