Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a chance to take my 310 out today and shoot it for the first time. Me and some friends went to Dunn Creek Outfitters and had Paul and Jason put out some Phez for us.

We had a great time but I have a problem with my gun. Everytime I pulled the trigger, both barrels fired. I finally tried shooting the top barrel first and it worked fine. Went back to bottom first and both it double fired. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on what I can do about it, or do I just have to send it back to the factory and hope that they will do something about it?

I love the way that this gun shoulders and the looks of it, but I'm not impressed with the performance as of right now.

Help please,

Jeff

·
Registered
201 Posts
The people that actually own this gun know that this is not a common problem. But it is a problem. Not to ask a stupid question, but did you take the gun apart and give it a good cleaning? If that doesn't help, I would send it back while it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I would have to agree with both Mack3971 & Quickshot. Do a cleaning/lubrication inside the receiver. Normally this will fix that type problem with the IZH27 and SPR310.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will take a look at the gun tonight and see if I feel comfortable taking it apart that far. If it looks to be over my head I'll see if I can locate a good gunsmith in the area. I would really hate to have to send it back to Remington and be without it for who knows how long.

Thanks again for the help and I hope that this problem is easily solved.

Jeff

·
Registered
16 Posts
vega,

When I got my SPR310 I pulled all the wood-- acetoned with steel wool and refinished 5 coats of tungue oil, 0000 steel wool after each coat..Clean the shipping sludge out of reciever, when you have it apart, cut 3 to 5 coils off of ejector springs and for the money this gun kicks A$$..I bought this gun for hunting because I got sick of all the scratches and dents on my more expensive guns it has never failed me in the field and It shoots trap as well as my FRANCHI..I see your in "SOCAL" not sure what your intensions for this gun are hunting or shooting, not sure of the amount of rounds you are planning on putting through the gun in a given year but I think the gun will serve you well..

MERRY CHRISTMAS---good shootin

·
Registered
171 Posts
jcran; I have an IZH-27 (same as the 310) with 1000's of rounds through it. The only times it has doubled on me is when I was wearing a certain pair of medium weight gloves while pheasant hunting in cold weather. I'm guessing that for some reason, I'm not able to release the trigger properly or something of that nature. I own 9 shotguns, but I tend to use the this one the most because I shoot it well. I shoot, sporting clays, trap, informal clays and like stated earlier, pheasant hunting. I know this sounds wierd, but the only common denominator seems to be those gloves. quadcab

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quadcab,

My first thought when it happened was that I didn't release the trigger or the recoil caused me to hit the trigger a second time. I was wearing gloves, it was in the low teens that morning, but the problem only occured when i was shooting bottom barrel first. When I switched to top barrel first the gun performed great. I havn't had a chance to take it to a smith to look at it yet, but I will let everyone know what I find out when I do.

Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had mine double on me as well as the hammer fall on the safety block (not sure the proper term for this part). I have an idea for a fix but would like a second opinion first. If someone here is semi-competent gun smith please pm me so I can run my ideas past you and see if they are valid.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same problem but with mine it only happened with 3" fast steel loads. I bought the gun from a friend who won it a few years ago and was never fired till I bought it. The dealer the gun came from removed the stock and you wouldn"t belive the yellow gunk in the receiver! He thinks it probably dryed up in the 3yr"s it sat idle. After the guns receiver was degreased the problem went away, the nice part of this is that even though I didn"t buy the gun from the dealer he did the receiver at N/C something you won't find at those chain sport's stores! I have not bought a gun at a chain store in years now you can see why

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mack,

I haven't had a chance to get the gun taken care of yet. New job, family, and all of that. I just read the thread that was linked a couple of posts up and it looks like I'm going to have to take the stock off to get a good look at the reciever? I going to try to make time to take a look at it tonight and I'll let you know how it goes.

Jeff

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jeff, it really is pretty easy and should only take you a few minutes to get it all apart. After that spray the hell out of it(I used CLP) and wipe it clean. Put it back together, and hopefully problem solved. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts