Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The main reason I purchased my SPR 453 was for waterfowl hunting. I've emailed the makers of Patternmaster, Briley, and Trulock about their Super Waterfowl tubes and each replied with the same response.

My question is, if I'm a manufacturer of these style choke tubes, and I have potential customers asking me if they can buy a choke, why would I not begin to make these and have a complete market to myself?

The manufacturers of Briley stated "It would have to be custom made using one of your chokes as sample. We can duplicate your choke to any constriction, flush or extended. Flush custom chokes are $65 each and extended custom chokes are $80 each. Poritng and spectrum bands are also available."

The reply from Patternmaster was "Making the Tru-Choke style choke tubes for the Remington Baikal is still up for discussion by the Patternmaster owners. Next meeting in in Feb. 2008. We do not make custom chokes because of the liability issues. To make one choke would take about 30 chokes for testing and safety procedures."

This is what really puzzled me. The people from Tru-Lock replied "Your shotgun takes the Tru choke system. Unfortunately we do not make a Super Waterfowl choke for a Tru choke." This place sells chokes for this gun, but can't make their Super Waterfowl choke with these threads????

I would like to find a extended, ported choke with a design to slow the wad as it exits that gives a good tight shot at longer distances. Anyone have any knowledge of one or have the machines to make one? I've tried to throw money at these manufacturers but apparently its useless to them. Thanks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Get a Kicks-ind High Flyer choke, I got an X-full for my overbored 935 and it patterns deadly with almost every brand of shell i've tried. They have 4 sizes for the tru-choke system There $70. Mine only took a week to get and im in Canada.

From Kicks Site
"Improved Cylinder Timber or decoying shots out to 30 yards.

Modified Decoying shots out to 40 yards-Works well with large steel goose loads.

Full All around choke that works well from 20 to 50 yards.

X-Full Pass shooting for open water or open field from 30 to 60 yards. BB and smaller shot size recommended."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.