Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a parts source for the 453? I just got home from a day on the river and somewhere along the way I lost my Bolt Cocking Lever. I have no idea how it came out or where it is.I checked the Rem web site and they have no parts listed for the 453. Please help,the geese are thick along the river.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
These aren't actually imported by Remington, they are imported by EAA in Florida, that'd be a place to start....

Smitty

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eaacorp.com is the site I went to for the part I needed. It just came yesterday and I was a little disappointed with the workmanship. I had to file the piece down quite abit to get it to fit into the bolt.Seems to be working fine but I wish it would of fit right out of the box.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They only sell the Synthetic... you cant get a wood one unless its a warranty deal... (at least with the Baikals - Remington might be easier to deal with)

I have heard that the wood stock is a touch different than the syn... cast off or something.... I do know... after cutting the synthetic down to match the wood one give or take .030" in length... I shot better with the wood stock. Of Course... I had to send the wood one in to get warrantied, and they swapped it to the synthetic on my request because it was the 3 wood stock they had replaced - and I was tired of sending the whole gun in for the stock replacement. In the process I didnt get the wood one back to make comparisons for cast off and such. So I have no specifics at this moment...

Wade

1 - 9 of 9 Posts