Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 20g 310 and just brought home a 16g 310 today and when I was comparing them I noticed if you sight down the barrel towards the stock(Yes, gun unloaded) that the stock does not run straight with the barrel, but is slightly angled to the left. Both guns are this way but my Beretta 12g and other shotguns are not.

Is this common for O/U shotguns in general or something that Baikal does? And will it have some impact on a left handed shooter? I have a lefty friend who was considering one.

On a side note. Does anyone know about the differences in the components between the different gauges? The 12 and the 16 look identical in size and scale in the stock and receiver and the forarms are identical in size too. Differing only in the barrel size and the forearm opening for the barrels.

Do the 12g guns have the same dimensions or are they built on a heavier platform?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, as a left hander, many guns are "cast off" (including the 310) which can cause us some problems. I have a 310 with a slight cast off so it is managable for me ... but they do differ from gun to gun. I have tried others that were simply uncomfortable to shoot. Many American made guns are neutral, but I believe the Europeans generally have some cast.

I have a gun that is "cast on" for lefties and the difference is quite noticable. As a lefty your friend is probably used to dealing with a right handed world, but if he is or becomes serious, he might look into a gun with neutral or cast on for left handed shooters.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with the above opinions.Cast on or cast off helps shooters to more easily align the target with the gun point. I think that if you want no cast you can bent the stock permantly with various ways. I think that a competent gunsmith will solve that easily.
If i was you i would be more concerned about the same size of a 12ga stock compered with a 16 ga. I would refinished the 16 ga stock in order to match the smaller diameter bore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts