Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever been squadded by yourself? How do you deal with it. Having been a short yardage handicap shooter i know how it feels to be squadded with 2 other people. Personally i hate being squadded short squad-mates.:| Grind 'Em All:| 8o Fantastic!! Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.Edited by: Sporting Clays Girl at: 3/12/03 8:57:26 pm

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
You should consider it practice for a shootoff!:eek There is a fine line between hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Happened to me for the first time this past week-end. One of the local club members pulle out of his squad to shoot with me, so I wouldn't have to shoot alone. But, he was a quick shooter and I am more deliberate. With just the two of us, I felt a little like he was always waiting on me. I probably would have been more comfortable shooting alone at my own pace. Next time I'll know.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
At some clubs you have a human puller that activates the birds at your call so you are really shooting with atleast one other person and others have voice activated systems where you can actually shoot all alone and then there is the hassle of trying to step on the release and shoot.....not a great idea. There is a fine line between hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
People call 'em different things - "clays", "birds", whatever - just "targets" is probably most common on the trap range. When I was growing up we called all clay targets "Blue Rocks", kind of like all circular saws are "SkilSaws" to me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
SCG.The first time I shot 25 straight at a registered PITA shoot I was on a short squad. Me and one other guy. I got into a groove and didn't have enough time between shots to "think" my way out of it. I do remember the gun being prity hot though.:lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.