Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Folks, I am all ears if anyone has any thoughts.....

Gun in Question: SS 12ga/30". I really like the gun but have realized it is too short for me for SC's The LOP is factory 14 3/8 and I need more LOP.....any thoughts besides shortening my arms?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Hope you get an answer other than a slip on pad as I hate them! Even though I shoot my SS well I would love anoher 1/2" as I'm 6' 2" with almost 37" sleeves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am with you.....6'4"-37" sleeves

I guess I can go Monte or Sport 2 with a gracoil system.......

That might just force me into a Beretta but i sure dislike how that gas system sounds in my ear. My wife shoots a 391 urika and it drives me nuts when I shoot it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
gggdallas,

There is a guy out there that makes a snap on piece/spacer for the comfortech that you can then attach a regular pad to it. I have seen this don a couple of times. I have also seen people cut the padding area down near the end and then mount a plastic spacer and then a bolt and nut set up through an aftermarket pad.

You can do something like that OR you can do what I did and get yourself a Legacy or sport II stock and then have a gunsmith add your length. This is much easier since it is wood. I added about an inch to mine and then added a Packmayr Decelerator pad to it and my LOP is 15 1/2. Of course I went off the deep end and had the checkering filled in and a palm swell added and had it custom painted. There are pictures of my gun around here somewhere under the post "baddest Benelli on the planet".

Since the gun lost the comfortech I added some weight in the stock and also a forend weight. My gun kicks way less then it ever did stock now and I can freaking see now!

CR

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can buy a stainless steel stock insert from Brownells that fits inside the Benelli synthetic stock

Benelli Gel Pad Replacement Kit

SKU #:100-002-486

This plate mounts inside the synthetic stock (there is a lip inside the stock that holds the butt plate flush) it comes with 2 screws and 2 pre-machined holes where you can mount a kick ezz or other grind-able recoil pad. You can also add spacers to match your desired LOP.

The butt plate insert is a bit of a pain to work into position. Angle the plate into the opening and then put the screws in a little then pull it back - it snaps into place. Remove the screws, mount the pad and spacers and screw them on through the same holes. The above plate fits all Benelli synthetic stocks and costs about $35. Worked for me - needed to get my LOP out to 15".

I also added a weighted stock bolt and fore-end weight to my SS2. SS2 now weighs over 8 pounds and 1-1/8 oz loads feel like 28 ga! :D Love that Benelli Inertia Drive!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts