Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A SIDE BY SIDE SHOTGUN MARKED STAR LEADER WITH A STAR UNDERNEATH THAT? I CANNOT FIND ANY MANUFACTURER NAME ON IT OR ON THE INTERNET. THE SERIAL # IS 36580. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT, THIS WAS MY GRANDFATHER'S AND I WOULD LIKE SOME HISTORY ON IT. THANKS....[email protected] :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BRADRAIN said:
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A SIDE BY SIDE SHOTGUN MARKED STAR LEADER WITH A STAR UNDERNEATH THAT? I CANNOT FIND ANY MANUFACTURER NAME ON IT OR ON THE INTERNET. THE SERIAL # IS 36580. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT, THIS WAS MY GRANDFATHER'S AND I WOULD LIKE SOME HISTORY ON IT. [email protected] :D

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
My sources indicate the Star Leader was made by Crescent (some models) other models would probably have been imported by Crescent or the distibutor Crescent was later owned by , H.D. Folsom and co.
If, you can find Belgian proofmarks it was probably one of the imports (sometimes Crescent imported barrels only) likely made by Anciens Etablissments Pieper .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marlands,
Thanks for the information. I will research under those names and see what I can find. As for Belgian proofmarks, I'm not sure..I'll have to look closer. I have to have this gun restored as the barrel is rusted and needs to be reblued...stock needs work or replacement. I know I'll probably pay more than the value for these repairs, but it is more sentimental value than anything else. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.