1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IOWA STATE TRAPSHOOTING ASSN

136th ANNUAL IOWA STATE SHOOT
July 25-29, 2012
NEW FOR 2012 - HANDICAP CHALLENGE
$1300.00.... winning a handicap and the shoot off takes all $1300.00. Both in and out of state shooters.

Another $75,000.00 in option and added money.

Awards in all classes and yardage groups AAA to D and 18 to 27 yards.

4th largest shoot in the nation. 3/4 mile long trap line with 39 program traps - 3 practice.

See ya at Cedar Falls.....Maltz

· Registered
1,477 Posts
I might be able to work this out,ours is the July 18-21.

I need more details like what city,hotels,where to buy shells,etc.

1,100 targets ?

· Registered
1,477 Posts
maltzahn said:
Its a good one Micheal, about the 5 largest shoot in the country. Always in late July. Lots of vendors and 40 trap machines in a row to play on. Please let me know if you do plan that trip.

http://www.iowastateshoot.com/

Maltz
It's going to depend on upcoming work but if that works out I'll be there.I should know how the summer is going to be within a few months.

· Registered
1,477 Posts
That would be awesome.

How far in advance would I need to book a room?

· Banned
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Book the room as early as possible. The motels book full in Cedar Falls, but always rooms available in Waterloo. Just a few more mile to the East. I pre squad the whole week at first opportunity with the ISTA state secretary. Usually a month to 45 days before the shoot (June). We have one or two campers on site also.

Maltz

· Super Moderator
2,505 Posts
I'm hoping to do more travelling this summer and might add Iowa to the tour. How is the availability of camping spaces?

· Banned
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tal/IL said:
I'm hoping to do more travelling this summer and might add Iowa to the tour. How is the availability of camping spaces?
Tal.....Would love to have your attendance and the other Tal from Ill will be there also. Usually camping is booked, but the last few years has proven to offer more spots than expected. Either traditional requests were not asked for or some to not show up. I would still book early if possible. I think the state sec. Debra Oelmann is now doing the camping.

Debra Oelmann #319-239-3086
[email protected]

Let me know if your coming......Maltz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.