Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 11-87 Skeet, couldn't tell the year. Is there a problem using steel shot in its barrel?

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
All Remchokes up to modified are okay. In Full, they made a lead only tube and a steel or lead flush tube.
I also have an IM Remchoke tube that has processed a ton of tungsten and a little steel with no ill effects in 3 different guns. I ordered it from Remington around 30 years ago and it is supposed to be steel safe. All it says on it is Remington IM.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Does the 11-87 skeet barrel have a 2 3/4" or a 3" chamber? Does it have the gas compensating system on the skeet barrel? Were you planning to shoot steel target loads or steel hunting loads? I am not familiar with the 11-87 skeet model, but I know the 2 3/4" target barrels for the 1100 were made to shoot 1 1/8 ounce or lighter target loads. If the 11-87 skeet barrel is a 2 3/4" chamber, without the gas compensating system, it may not be designed to shoot heavy 2 3/4" loads.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I has the 2 3/4 chamber, the Steel Shells are 1 oz. loads and it has the regular 1187 gas system. Guess I'm good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts