Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited a Stevens, 16 gauge, double barrel shotgun and it doesn't have a model number shown. On the top left barrel is inscribed 16 gauge. On the left side of the shotgun, it has STEVENS, with an engraved picture of a duck or goose flying. On the bottom is, "J. Stevens Arms Company, Chicopee Falls, Mass, USA, Patented April 20, 1915". I'm trying to find out the model number if any and possibly what it is worth. I would rate the shotgun as 85%.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
My best advice to you would be to look for a match on the auction sites, I think that the model 315 is associated with that patent date but it might be the 335.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MarlandS said:
My best advice to you would be to look for a match on the auction sites, I think that the model 315 is associated with that patent date but it might be the 335.
Thanks. I also have a model 335 in a 12 gauge with a 30" barrel. It has the model number engraved on the bottom next to the trigger guard. I did, however, find a similar shotgun, with the flying duck engraved, listed for sale on Gunbrokers.com. It also did not list a model number. Perhaps the shotgun was called a "duck gun" and didn't have a model number.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
LOL yeah it might have been, but it could have just been a utility grade gun with no model number....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same gun. mine is a model 311. you can tell if it a 311 or 511. the forearm on the 311 is held on by a spring in the
forearm itself.the ser. # is located on the flat part of the reciver. can be seen when the barrel is removed.also has matching number on the barrel.at bottom of brech.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts