Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
915 Posts
Do you need a stock fitter, or just a good stock guy? If you know what LOP you want and just need it cut, ask Bill Hatfield at Robin Hollow Outfitters (the gun shop at Addieville).
If you lived near Marshfield, Mass, I could help you out.

· Registered
Krieghoff Super Standard Pro Sporter, 2022 Beretta A400 Xcel K/O 32”
386 Posts
It’s not hard to do. Wrap it with a couple layers of painters tape. Make sure that it is square to the blade. I’ve used some different thickness of shims to build a simple jig to hold it square. Make sure the saw is at full power and don’t let up until you are all the way through. Take a test run at a 1/4” that way if your not happy with the result then you still have room for a pro to handle it.

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I ended up cutting it myself. Took exactly 1/2 in off, and ended up right where I need to be with lop. Tried it Sunday on two rounds of skeet and already noticed it mounts alot smoother than before, only picked up a bird or two but a 22 and a 23 out of 25 is still better than what I was doing. I feel the longer lop made me struggle with crossing shots, the high on station 4 and 5 where killing me, now already notice a difference. The butt pad needs a little trimming but I will get a grindable one once I settle on this being the right length.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts