Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at a new Stoeger 2000, can be had for $350, what do you think? Is this a reliable weapon for clays, skeet, etc?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well stoeger has a good rep. So I would think that it is a good gun. Stoeger is owned by benelli and benelli is owned buy Beretta so. taking into acount that Beretta would not put their name on junk. I would think it would be a gun with not the best finish, but that it would be a good shooter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, I owned a model 2000 for a brief period of time before trading it in, but the gun worked like a charm. It shot exceptional good patterns and was actually very smooth shooting. Another plus for the gun is it is so simple to break down and clean. I put several rounds through mine and I never had a problem. I would recommend this gun for the lower end autos.

G

·
There is a very favorable write-up in the American Rifleman, January2002 issue, in the dope bag section, p.62. The first thing that occured to me was that it sure looked like a Benelli.
This is second hand info, and I don't rember the source, but I heard that Benelli had sub-contracted some of the parts to a Turkish manufacturer, and they ended up building a clone, so Benelli bought them out, and they are being sold under the stoeger name. It is recoil- operated, so it has to kick to work.

G

·
I live in Mn looked at two of the model 2000, spoke to the St Paul rep, he said that the recievers where having problems that the stock all stoeger stuff except the model 2000
Question : have there been problems :?

·
Registered
116 Posts
oleviking said:
I just looked at a new Stoeger 2000, can be had for $350, what do you think? Is this a reliable weapon for clays, skeet, etc?
I purchased a Stoeger 2000 about a month ago, and have put about 500 or more rounds through it so far. One of my sporting clay shooting buddies has a Benelli M1, and the two guns are very similiar. The Benelli has a bit better fit and finish, and the recoil spring is different, but other than that they shoot almost the same. The 2000 (like the Benelli M1 and SBE) uses recoil to cycle, so they do kick a bit more than some gas autoloaders. I installed a limb saver recoil pad made to fit the Benelli M1 and SBE (it's almost an exact fit) on the 2000, and that really tamed the felt recoil of the gun while shooting sporting clays.
Operation wise, it's been 100% reliable with the cheap Remington and Federal loads you purchase at Wal-Mart (7/8 and 1 ounce loads). Also the gun patterns nicely, and comes with 5 chokes. For the money, I think they are a great buy. As for longevity, I can't answer that, since I haven't had mine that long yet. So far, I've been extremely pleased with the gun.

Regards,

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree totally. I bought mine recently and have 300-400 shot through it and NO malfunctions or issues. I really like the auto-load feature that is similar to the Browning. It knocks the birds out of the sky just like a $3000 gun would.

Also heard from someone here that the Benelli mercury recoil reducer WILL fit in the stock, but I have not made any adjustments yet.

My buddy also has a Super Black Eagle and the first time we hunted together he told me that he liked my camo better!!

The finish does lack some in durability, but I am glad I got this sweet shooting gun!

Mike

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have had mine for a little over a year now and have put over 1000 rounds through it. Very thing form light target loads to heavy duck and goose loads with out any problems. On the Benelli forum they say that their recoil reducer will fit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my 2000 in June 2003 and have put over 400 rounds through it. The limiter plug broke down twice. Each time Stoeger Canada replaced it on the spot. That makes me wonder if and when that is going to happen again.

Recoil on the 12 gauge is quite tolerable from 1 oz to 1.5 oz loads. However, I find shooting slugs unpleasant as it hurts my cheek too much.

So far I have used the 2000 on clays and duck hunts. Over all experience in owning the 2000 has been good with the exception of the limiter plug problem.

Danny Boy

·
Registered
100 Posts
What should a new stoeger model 2000 cost? my local dealer say its $500. yet all my research on this site says i can find it for cheaper. if i can get it for cheaper please let me know where.

Peter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wing Shooter:

I paid Can$620 or US$413 in Toronto early in the June. Previous postings indicated there are cheaper prices.

The 2000 provides very good value.

Danny Boy

·
Registered
305 Posts
We paid US$413 out the door. I've see them occasionally for $379 in the Phoenix area. I also watched a guy offer a dealer $425 out the door on one that was marked at $489. The dealer accepted the offer and everyone was happy. I've also seen them at gun shows in the area of $330. It might just take a bit of shopping around, but you can get them for less that $500.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The gun shops around here have camo ones for $450. I have seen 1 black synthetic $375 and 1 wood stocked one $325 in the past year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts