Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. This is the first time I have ever posted on this site. I have been coming here fore the past few days just browsing all the info and there sure is a lot of it here. Anyway, I was in the market for a new shotgun but I didn't want to spend an excessive amount of money. I decided on a Stoeger 2000 mainly because of what I read about them on this forum. I did a little more research and they seem to be a solid gun. I compared one with a Benelli at my local gun store and the Stoeger was a dead ringer for the Benelli. Granted, the blueing and the wood aren't quite up to Benelli specs but it was still a very attractive gun. For me it actually shouldered more naturally than the Benelli. I appreciate everyone's advice and opinions. If anyone knows anything else that would be helpful for me to know about this gun I would appreciate it. I haven't got it yet but I put $100 down on it and will try to get it out as soon as possible. Thanks again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Stoeger Uplander sxs in 20 gauge and have found it to be a very nice gun. For the price, you can't beat the quality. I actually bought mine at yard sale for $75 from a little old lady. I didn't dicker with her, that's what she had on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 2000 12 ga. synthetic stock (26 in barrel) for over three months now. I had reloading problem because I used very light loads (didn't read the manual). Now I have switched to 1 oz shot shells, no problem at all. It is fairly easy to clean.

Not sure how reliable the gun is in the long run. It sure is great value for the time being.

Danny Boy

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
One of the nice gentleman at my local shop is quite fond of that gun. He delights in the fact that his "benelli" cost half of what a real benelli would have cost. With access to all those guns and his discount he still chose one so take what you will from that.

G

·
I just bought a Stoeger 2000 and shot it last weekend. It seems like a great shooting gun. However, the bolt release button is nearly impossible to push down. Has anybody had a similar problem?

G

·
Danny Boy was right. I sent it back to Stoeger and they told me it would loosen up over time. Oh well, I'm living with it because I love the feel of the gun and I'm busting clays well with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.