Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what people think about the Condor Competion model. I know it's not a B gun but for the money how is it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
ssmith said:
Just wondered what people think about the Condor Competion model. I know it's not a B gun but for the money how is it.
Last one I handled wouldn't close with a pair of snap caps loaded. Stoeger quality is all over the map. I have handled some Condors that were beautifully done and others that made Baikal look like artwork. My advice is don't buy a Stoeger sight unseen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have never actually picked up a Competition. I own a plain Condor and I like it. It is nicely finished and opens and shoots very well... for a $300 shotgun. The Competition does have an adjustable comb which is nice and the longer barrel (I don't care so much for the porting). I guess some of it depends on the price. I was looking at the Spartan SPR 310 Sporting model at Dick's Sporting Goods the other night. 29 1/2" ported barrel, but it sure was awfully hard to open and shut....real hard. Maybe that was just the one I looked at or it will get better after some break-in. Also, it was not as nicely finished as the plain Condor that I own. There is probably more variation in these lower priced shotguns so it is not a bad idea to actually hold the gun before you put down your money.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
YEARS AGO I bought a condor when starting to shoot skeet.I didn't want to spend a bunch of $ :roll: This was a Condor I in 20 ga.- nice wood .I have fired thousands of rounds thru this gun with no problems.The newer competition models have a few extras.My opinion---If possible save up for a B-gun if not feasible look the gun over before buying and ask about the warranty and service after the sale :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
856 Posts
The one I looked at was pretty bad. When you closed the action there was a huge gap (you could stick a nickel in it) between the barrel shoulder and frame. Wouldn't want to take that one home.

I know one guy that swears by the Condors.....know a few more that swear at them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts