Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I cleaned my gun I discovered that the left lateral rib was almost completely loose! I have fired approximately 3000 rounds through it and thought it would hold up to the factory target ammunition I used. I called Stoeger Customer Service today and will be sending it back for repair/replacement. Let's hope it doesn't take too long to get it back. The shotgun is only eight months old and until now I never experienced any problems with it. I had read in this forum that the Condors were for light use only and they were right! :cry:

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Sorry you are having this experience. Hopefully next time you'll listen to the wisdom on these boards...

·
Registered
576 Posts
drsfmd said:
Sorry you are having this experience. Hopefully next time you'll listen to the wisdom on these boards...
just out of curiosity do you shoot a stoeger?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a Stoeger Condor Supreme in October. It seemed like a good gun especially for the price. The first time out the gun would not fire the second shot. I made two phone calls to the store I bought it at and they said to bring it up and the gun smith would look at it. After driving 90 mins the gun smith said to use a heavier load to reset the auto trigger. I went from a 1 1/8 load to a 1 7/8 load and it worked for about twelve total shots. Then it happened again it wouldn't fire the second shot and on top of all that the foreend fall off and I was holding the gun in two pieces after I fired the gun. I took it back and got a refund and through experience now I can offer the advise to spend the money on an american made gun, that's why I'm buying a Benelli this week.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I too am sorry that you have had issues. I have had my 12ga Competition for 1 1/2 years and have had no problems. I love it so much I just purchased the new Combo Nov 17th and it is doing great as well. People can say all they want about this gun or that gun being poor quality, but I have seen B guns and K guns break as well. It can happen with any gun and at any time. Those who wish to flame-flame on. :p

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
g_gaumer said:
spend the money on an american made gun, that's why I'm buying a Benelli this week.
Ummm... you do know Benelli isn't American made right? It's made in Italy. That said, it's still a fine shotgun.

·
Registered
576 Posts
drsfmd, like i stated i was just curious that was my point if you took it another way you are a little paranoid

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
A novices question. What is a lateral rib on a O/U shotgun?

Herb S.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
whtsmoke said:
you are a little paranoid
Naah... just a bit like the puppy that kicked once too often. I get a little leery of posting in the "I love my" forums, as I tend to get beat up in these a bit :)

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Herb S. said:
A novices question. What is a lateral rib on a O/U shotgun?

Herb S.
When they solder the barrels together, some manufacturers include a rib between the barrels. Many manufacturers rest the barrels in machined ribs (Browning and Beretta for example). Others use no rib on the sides (Krieghoff, Kolar).

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
When they solder the barrels together, some manufacturers include a rib between the barrels.
I see. Thanks.

Herb S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts